• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

choose between virtual private servers, dedicated servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
332
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I'm looking for an affordable solution between $20-$30/month for a VPS or dedicated server.

What I'm looking for
I need to run an application on a server with high bandwidth and I must have the possibility to manage the server on my own: I need to install/uninstall whatever I like, and to reboot the machine if I need to. The OS must be Windows.

Where can I find something suitable to me? Thank you very much.
 
Wont find a dedicated for that range, they tend to go for more. Not sure you'll find any good VPS at that range either, but I'd suggest servint at $50
 
Are there any VPS solutions for Windows BTW ?

You can get VPS packages for $20-30, for a dedicated machine $100 and up...
 
Yes, there is a Virtuozzo VPS solution for Windows.

In general, Windows hosting tends to be pricier as the provider has the additional cost for the OS to pass along. Therefore, I doubt you will find decent VPS hosting for $20-30 per month. A VPS will give you a lot of freedom to do what you wish with your allocated resources, but it will still have limitations. You can find some pros and cons of VPS technology here.
 
What are the Virtual Dedicated servers that Godaddy offers? Not saying they are good but they may be in your range.
 
you might find something at atjeu.com
 
For $20 or $30 a month you are better off with a dreamhost or servage account. Both are very cheap and work well to place a buttload of sites. There are some servage coupons out there for $6 per month and you get 600GB transfer and 75Gb space. With dreamhost there are coupons for $75 off the year...I just got a 14 month account for $25! I get 1000GB transfer and 20GB space. I find between the two I can meet some of my needs. However I do also have 2 colo servers but those cost me $125 each per month.

I don't think you will find reliable dedicated or even good VPS for under $30 per month. However my scenario will get you 2 hosts with lots of space and bandwidth for about $10 per month. You can't beat that.
 
both servint and powervps are stable and reliable .
 
What are the Virtual Dedicated servers that Godaddy offers? Not saying they are good but they may be in your range.

I would shell out an extra 10-15$ per month an go with one of these. I used a virtual dedicated from them in the past, and was very pleased with the results. I then upgraded to full dedicated, which is costly but well worth it for running high powered websites.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom