• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Composing your Selling Price email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
When it comes to selling a domain, I think some of us struggle in finding the right words when replying to a email such as "how much for xxxxxx.com?"

Some of us assume that interested buyers are familiar with domain values, when their not, I'm guilty of this well, making my responses short and to the point with a fair asking price and method of payment, as a result, most of them go unanswered.

If any of you can post some tips or sample emails than you use, I sure would like to read them, I think it would be very beneficial to all of us...Thanks!
 
I generally use the "I've had a bid already" stunt, which involves quoting a high price, and then going back a week later and saying that my 'buyer' backed out due to lack of funds. Of course I wouldn't do that to anyone here on DNF :)

You can write reams of bullshit in reality, but at the end of the day it's simple 'cat and mouse'. Always assume that your prospective buyer is not savvy about domain names unless of course you know otherwise.
 
Always assume they are savvy, else why would they make an offer in the first place?
If they want the name badly enough, they will pay what you ask... if they don't want the name that badly, then keep it in your portfolio, and they will come back when they see you are not dropping it.. maybe after 1 year maybe after 5 but they will be back for it I assure you.
I prefer not to sell any names I receive an offer for, unless I have advertised the domain for sale... If I get an offer for a name I have not advertised, my response is usually "this domain is not for sale" unless the offer is huge :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom