• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Dead zone lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaStiz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
1
Anyone else noticed it has been a bit dead...like not alot of sales, or alot of new posts...etc.

I have noticed this at other places too..not just here. It is not just a DNF thing.

Or maybe I am just looney?
 
noticed it too, other than kwelx , nobody seems to be selling traffic names to often.
 
i have been sllling a lot recently. Infact i can buy them fast enought to keep up witht he rate i am selling them.
 
Well, thats the thing...right now it is a buyers market (IMHO). I bought a TON last week. Now, trying to push through a few sales...its getting slim pickins.
 
I even have a WANTED thread going and it has had no replies. Very strange...
 
Yep made a ton of sales two weeks ago, this week - nadda. Going to try some selling some sites later tonight - not holding my breath though.
 
I even have a WANTED thread going and it has had no replies. Very strange...

yes very strange there, usually you have to spend a half hour cleaning your PM box after you post there.
 
Yeah...roger that. Who knows? Just slowing a little bit. Maybe people enjoying the last days of summer before it turns cold?
 
I think it's getting very very difficult to buy strong domains, especially at 'domainer' prices, hence the apparent slowdown. In terms of demand, the market is stronger than ever. I know of a few nice sales this week, but not sure if they'll be published. One was a strong mid six figure sale of a worthy .com. I'm buying a generic .com for mid five figures - it's in escrow, but not completed yet.

It's interesting that DNJournal's top sales in the last couple of weeks have been .EU and .ORG domains - I think this is because competition in the .COM market is so strong that even the big players are being forced to look at alternative extensions. Bear in mind that while Ron does a fantastic job with DNJournal, his sales report is just the tip of the iceberg of the deals that go down - I've seen at least ten six-figure sales slip under the radar in the last year.
 
I second that. the trend may be shifting towards the 'cold' side for awhile until the market heats up again, perharps in a while's time.
 
I think it's getting very very difficult to buy strong domains, especially at 'domainer' prices,

not if you look hard enough. there are still some steals to be found out there.
<= not disclosing anything else hehe
 
I did a post a few weeks ago commenting on the same thing - the action and discussion in the forum has slowed down. Some people said that the domain market was as strong as ever, as you can see by reported sales at dnjournal, sedo and afternic. A few also said it always gets busier in the fall/winter. Many people right now are focused on getting back to work and setting up the kids in school, but over the next few weeks we should see a change.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom