• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Deadbeat buyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
What's with all the deadbeat buyers lately? Making offers and then ignoring your PMs? This :censored: gets old!
 
Just make it a habit of saying "this price is good for today". That way the serious buyers will finish the transaction or ask for more time, while the pretenders will disappear and you can write them off sooner.

When potential buyers disappear there is no need to chase after them....just turn the page. They know exactly what they are doing and they just aren't interested anymore.
 
Maybe it's a system problem?
 
Just make it a habit of saying "this price is good for today". That way the serious buyers will finish the transaction or ask for more time, while the pretenders will disappear and you can write them off sooner.

When potential buyers disappear there is no need to chase after them....just turn the page. They know exactly what they are doing and they just aren't interested anymore.

Thats exactly right. They do know what they are doing. No more Mr nice guy here. If someone makes an offer and fails to pay, I'm going straight to negative feedback.
 
How long should an offer be binding though?
Is it different if it's in a sales thread or by PM?
 
How long should an offer be binding though?
Is it different if it's in a sales thread or by PM?

If someone PM's me or makes and offer to buy the domain to be thats binding and i give them 24 hours to pay - if not negtive feedback for them.

I find most (especially the threads that are like 8 pages long) are just phishing and dont end up buying.

Im sure everyone sees it differently tho

Sin
 
If someone PM's me or makes and offer to buy the domain to be thats binding and i give them 24 hours to pay - if not negtive feedback for them.

I find most (especially the threads that are like 8 pages long) are just phishing and dont end up buying.

Im sure everyone sees it differently tho

Sin

Phishing? I dont understand why they would make an offer and then not pay if they are actual credible members. It's so annoying when you're waiting on payment and you can see that the buyer is checking your PMs and not replying.
 
I mean people that make a "Wanted" thread and dont end up buying anything or let it run on and on until it moves to the second page of the Wanted section.

Im curious - what would/do you consider a "credible" member?

Someone who has been a member since 2002/3/4/5?

Someone with a stupid little seal next to there name?

I guess i class people who let Wanted threds run on and on "Deadbeat buyers"

We all hve different views on what is a deadbeat and whats not.

Sin
 
I mean people that make a "Wanted" thread and dont end up buying anything or let it run on and on until it moves to the second page of the Wanted section.

Im curious - what would/do you consider a "credible" member?

Someone who has been a member since 2002/3/4/5?

Someone with a stupid little seal next to there name?

I guess i class people who let Wanted threds run on and on "Deadbeat buyers"

We all hve different views on what is a deadbeat and whats not.

Sin

Credible would be 10 TR and up (all positive) the member since part really isn't that important to me. Its all about the TR and trust because thats all that you can go on in this forum. 24 hours, no payment = Negative TR. :puke:
 
I think the seller should make clear the offer rules with the payment time frame in the post...If those rules are not followed...Neg feedback.

Otherwise, there are times where I may put in an offer and then not be on line for a day or two...of course this does not apply for a BIN...
 
I think the seller should make clear the offer rules with the payment time frame in the post...If those rules are not followed...Neg feedback.

Otherwise, there are times where I may put in an offer and then not be on line for a day or two...of course this does not apply for a BIN...

Sure, but in business there has to be common sense. I can understand if you're not online for 2-3 days, but if you make an offer it is your responsibility to find out if that offer was accepted and to pay the seller.

I'm really not talking about that though, Im talking about buyers that makes offers and sign on everyday, check your PMs and completely ignore them. Im going to start listing those buyers here since they have taken away the thread where others use to do this. Any other members can feel free to do this as well.
 
Credible would be 10 TR and up ...

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get people to actually LEAVE feedback. I have completed sales that the buyers have never left feedback. :(

Someone (I foget who) pointed out that alot of these threads and inquiries are nothing more than a way for the deadbeat to get a comparible value for his/her domains.

I mean, what better way to find out what a domain is worth than to ask others to sell you a similar one for ??? Dollars. Right?

GoPC
 
Now all we have to do is figure out how to get people to actually LEAVE feedback. I have completed sales that the buyers have never left feedback. :(

Someone (I foget who) pointed out that alot of these threads and inquiries are nothing more than a way for the deadbeat to get a comparible value for his/her domains.

I mean, what better way to find out what a domain is worth than to ask others to sell you a similar one for ??? Dollars. Right?

GoPC


Yeah. I've had buyers like that too. I guess they don't understand that without sellers, there won't be any buyers.
 
Credible would be 10 TR and up (all positive) the member since part really isn't that important to me. Its all about the TR and trust because thats all that you can go on in this forum. 24 hours, no payment = Negative TR. :puke:

You could also request to deal with buyers with 10+
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom