Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Development of a new domain marketplace - need reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For awhile now, I've been planning to create a new domain marketplace, even though there's a high chance it won't be successful cause I don't even have the capital right now to start it off as a company, so it's more like a hobby for me right now. :lol: (There's too much for me to learn, like writing domain-binding contracts, payment issues etc, but I'll learn them)

Here's the design so far:
http://neptuni.com/preview/
(Maybe we won't offer brokering service, but possibly connect with Paypal API for cheaper domains and maybe recommend escrow for large sales)

Sedo's the power house for DN aftermarket, but I believe there's still alot of rooms for smaller DN aftermarkets since most domains (cheaper ones) are almost never sold on Sedo, I'll develop Neptuni slowly to address this problem by listing every domain names on Neptuni to be auto-posted on Twitter and Facebook as well.

Do advice me on both the design and the structure of what you think the current DN aftermarket sites are lacking (For example, Sedo lacks user interactions between one another), I'm taking in all feedbacks! :)
(Neptuni is not entirely free, we have a credit system, possibly $1 to ♆1 ratio. Each time you list a domain name it's $1 value, and each time you bump it is $0.2 (I'll convert it to ♆) or something like that. Every domain name listed will have its own "domain sales page" with its own commentary box and features to share the domain name on twitter/facebook etc. Views for each domain name will be tracked to contest for the "Most popular domain name" to be featured on the main site... Occassionally, we'll give out free credits as well, coupon code basis or "random event" when you browse the site) The credit system goes something like that. :)

(PS. I'm only occassionally touching on Neptuni on weekends because I'm currently serving the military service here for 2 years every weekday, but I estimate it'll be completed by early 2013)

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo's the power house for DN aftermarket, but I believe there's still alot of rooms for smaller DN aftermarkets since most domains (cheaper ones) are almost never sold on Sedo, I'll develop Neptuni slowly to address this problem by listing every domain names on Neptuni to be auto-posted on Twitter and Facebook as well.
I like your design, but I think the business idea is not that great. There is no money in the lower end of the market.
To me that looks like a lot of work and overhead for domainer to domainer transactions that can be done and are being done on the forums.
An outfit like Bido is apparently struggling to make a low $$$ profit every day. it's not a good business model.
Good luck.

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! Maybe the business idea isn't really good after all, but as of now that's the only way I can start off Neptuni (catering to the lower end). Without a capital and a 'company reputation', I don't think users will feel ease selling their high-end domains on our site, yet.
(But maybe Neptuni can find its own market in this 'lower-end' segment? I dont know.)

I'll start it small first soon, and then consistently change the site bit by bit along the way base on feedbacks. (And also register it as a company soon when I hit 21 years old) ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom