• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

DNFORUM scammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigman

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
Someone just contacted me over msn with the mail [email protected] asking if I wanted to be a moderator.

Since the msn wasnt verified I found it suspicious, so I questioned him and he logged off. Anyone else this did happen to? Would guess he was after user and pass?

[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
Hello
[email protected] säger:
yo
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
Do you like to be a moderator
[email protected] säger:
maybe
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
what is your username ?
[email protected] säger:
who are you?
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
Dn Forum Webmaster
[email protected] säger:
ok
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
what is your username ?

[email protected] säger:
where did you get my msn?
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
We get alot of members' addy
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
choosing a new staff
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
so, do you agree ?
[email protected] (E-postadress inte verifierad) säger:
Sorry for disturbing anyways
[email protected] säger:
^^
[email protected] säger:
scammer
 
He has no affiliation with me or this forum.

The email adddress unverified should tip anyone off that is contacted that it is fake.

Thanks for the heads up!

-=DCG=-

PokerGuide.com said:
Someone just contacted me over msn with the mail [email protected] asking if I wanted to be a moderator.

Since the msn wasnt verified I found it suspicious, so I questioned him and he logged off. Anyone else this did happen to? Would guess he was after user and pass?
 
I just got the same MSN add. Forget my PM Adam, I hadn't noticed this thread when I sent it.



[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
btw
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we pay our staff members
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we are not messing around
i'm luke says:
is it okay if I drop a private message to Adam to confirm this?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
No Adams has no relation to this
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
and it ain't worth it
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we will find loads
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
c ya
 
Yeah, I got contacted by this person tonight too and my exact words where "check who you are asking before you F*CK around anymore"....they signed off immediately...LOL
 
lol..just happened to me so i played along..anyhow i think its best to notify the members here..he is trying to get passwords..

here is the log..


[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Hello
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Do you want to be a moderator ?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
hello
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
hmm
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
where?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Dn Forum
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
i see
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
and you are?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Adam
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what is your username ?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
well
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
first
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
your id is not verified
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
and then how did you find my msn id if you are not sure of my user name?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
not verified for updating
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we are collecting members'addys
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
choosing 2 or more for a new staff
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
adding new staff actually
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
i see
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
well on what basis would you be selecting me?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we are not selecting you
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
we are asking you
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
oh ok
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
yes i am interested
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Ok
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what is yourr username ?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
adill420
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what password you prefer ?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
543123
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
existing ?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
same
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
543123
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
I 'm afraid you are not adill420
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
password doesn't match
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
you idiot
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
do you think
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
i am stupid?
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
you are not adam
Adil - GameOwnerz.com - RPG, Arcade and CS Server says:
retard
 
Just got the same think heres the convo

[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Hello
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Hi
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Dn forum Web
Melbourne Victory says:
hi
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
Do you wanna be a mod ?
Melbourne Victory says:
sure
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what is your username ?
Melbourne Victory says:
whats yours?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
DotComGod
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
you ?
Melbourne Victory says:
you should know it if you want me to be a mod
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
well
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
are you interested ?
Melbourne Victory says:
yes, but you must pay me a minimum of $5,000 a month for my help
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
yes sure
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what is your username ?
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
To appoint you
Melbourne Victory says:
Youlikeyoungboys
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
what password you want it to be ?
Melbourne Victory says:
youlikeblackcock
[email protected] (E-mail Address Not Verified) says:
**** u
Melbourne Victory says:
stop ****ing trying to hijack peoples accounts cock head
 
I accepted and messaged fast..

"omgz can I be mod?"

"u need my pass"

"do uz need my pass plz plz"

"plz take my pass plz plz"

Then he blocked me lol.
 
Darn, I feel left out...

I can't wait until he ads me...
 
Is there a security problem in this forum?

If people are getting our email address we need address something?

I would like my email address removed from the system.
 
You have to add your MSN address seperately, or that's what I did at least...
 
I just got an IM from someone I know that's a member of DNF on MSN. I could tell right away that it wasn't really him. I'm guessing he fell for the trick, gave his password and the scammer logged in. Here's the message:

[09:33:24 PM] *EDITED OUT*: Hello
[09:33:29 PM] Nathan: hi
[09:33:32 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I'm selling www.emp3.com
[09:33:39 PM] *EDITED OUT*: do u wanna buy it ?
[09:34:38 PM] Nathan: how much?
[09:34:43 PM] *EDITED OUT*: 400$
[09:35:07 PM] *EDITED OUT*: well 150$ for u
[09:35:07 PM] *EDITED OUT*: ok ?
[09:35:28 PM] Nathan: when'd you get it?
[09:35:41 PM] *EDITED OUT*: now
[09:35:46 PM] Nathan: where?
[09:36:26 PM] *EDITED OUT*: can yoy help me in the site
[09:36:27 PM] *EDITED OUT*: ok ?
[09:36:44 PM] Nathan: huh?
[09:37:07 PM] *EDITED OUT*: can you help me in emp3.com ?
[09:37:11 PM] Nathan: ok
[09:37:15 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I will pay you
[09:37:30 PM] *EDITED OUT*: What is your pass u want?
[09:37:44 PM] Nathan: umm, it's u3fgt4d *(made this pass up)*
[09:38:37 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I wanna send an e-mail from G-mail
[09:38:43 PM] *EDITED OUT*: can I do that dear friend ?
[09:38:59 PM] Nathan: umm, ok
[09:39:08 PM] *EDITED OUT*: what is your passw ?
[09:39:15 PM] Nathan: u3fgt4d *(again, made up)*
[09:39:39 PM] *EDITED OUT*: it's wrong
[09:40:11 PM] Nathan: oh, how about I give you a gmail invite instead
[09:40:25 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I don't have time
[09:40:28 PM] *EDITED OUT*: trust me
[09:40:29 PM] *EDITED OUT*: pls
[09:40:30 PM] *EDITED OUT*: fast
[09:40:51 PM] Nathan: you're not *EDITED OUT* are you?
[09:41:00 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I'm
[09:41:41 PM] Nathan: I can't remember my gmail password, I have it
saved into the browser, but I can't copy and paste it
[09:41:58 PM] *EDITED OUT*: pls
[09:42:06 PM] Nathan: sorry, but I can't remeber it..
[09:44:34 PM] *EDITED OUT*: Look
[09:44:36 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I'm not *EDITED OUT*
[09:44:43 PM] Nathan: I figured that
[09:44:56 PM] *EDITED OUT*: but I wanna give him his password back
[09:45:05 PM] Nathan: ok, that would be nice
[09:45:11 PM] *EDITED OUT*: but how /
[09:45:43 PM] Nathan: www.passport.net log in there and change the
password to 1234
[09:45:54 PM] *EDITED OUT*: I did
[09:46:01 PM] *EDITED OUT*: where is he now
[09:46:04 PM] *EDITED OUT*: do u know
[09:46:34 PM] Nathan: no I don't know. Just sign off and when I see
him next I'll tell him that his new password is 1234
[09:46:44 PM] *EDITED OUT*: are u his friend ?
[09:46:49 PM] Nathan: yes
[09:47:13 PM] *EDITED OUT*: ok
[09:47:18 PM] *EDITED OUT*: give him his password
[09:47:24 PM] Nathan: ok, I will
[09:48:24 PM] *EDITED OUT*: it is >> 12345678
[09:48:31 PM] *EDITED OUT*: ok ? promise you tell him ?
[09:48:53 PM] Nathan: yes, I will tell him. Thank you for giving his
msn account back
[09:49:03 PM] *EDITED OUT*: :)
[09:49:06 PM] *EDITED OUT*: no prob
[09:49:08 PM] *EDITED OUT*: bye
[09:49:22 PM] Nathan: ok I will
[09:49:27 PM] *EDITED OUT*: bye]
[09:49:29 PM] Nathan: bye
[09:49:33 PM] * *EDITED OUT* is now Offline
 
I'd never talk to someone with an unverified email address. You can't be sure if they are who they say they are...

Thanks for the heads up!
 
So it looks like someone is trying to hijack member accounts to probably sell stolen domains and take advantage of trader ratings and goodwill.

Sad.
 
I was contacted by this person tonight... I said "nice scam" and sent him the URL to this thread...

He responded with "oh shit" and signed off immediately.
 
I never chat online so anyone pretending to be me, isn't.
 
Incidents like this reaffirms the reason I don't use any IM programs, since they tend to be easy for hackers to exploit; are risky to use.

Ron
 
This has nothing to do with hacking or hackers, it has everything to do with social engineering (finding suckers).
 
DNGeeks said:
This has nothing to do with hacking or hackers, it has everything to do with social engineering (finding suckers).

Agreed. The thing that gave this guy away is the "Unverified Email Address" that followed his username in MSN Messenger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom