• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you renew your domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
If you have large list of domains do you renew them even if they don't have any traffic? Renewing price is quite costly for couple hundreds domains I think.
 
Depends on the name. Not every name I have gets traffic, but I still deem them valuable and worth holding. But agreed, if you have a large number of domains, you'll start feeling the pinch of the annual renewal fees. You should consider developing some of the better non-traffic names in your portfolio...
 
I have only a few handfulls I renew because of traffic or revenue. Luckily, these handfulls pay for the remaining names of mine to renew.

I have some I have renewed for a few years now just because I like them. Others I plan to develop in the future.

You are right. I have over 700 names and most are coming up for renewal soon. You have to weed through them and see which you want to renew. Those I choose not to I usually start them on an auction here for $1 or give them away for free to a good home instead of letting them expire.
 
I agree with what has been said-renewal fees can be a real pinch. Sort out your names, retain some and auction those you do not want here.
 
jdk said:
I have only a few handfulls I renew because of traffic or revenue. Luckily, these handfulls pay for the remaining names of mine to renew.

I have some I have renewed for a few years now just because I like them. Others I plan to develop in the future.

You are right. I have over 700 names and most are coming up for renewal soon. You have to weed through them and see which you want to renew. Those I choose not to I usually start them on an auction here for $1 or give them away for free to a good home instead of letting them expire.

Those with revenue are from tyein traffic or traffic from links?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom