• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you take domain name exchange a business or fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnol

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
0
It seems mostly fun,and fun of making money....too
 
My hobby aswell. you should do a poll and see how many are full timers.
 
many part timers will become full timers eventually
 
full time business.
 
Most likely i will go full time in the near future once i start raking in good income...
 
hobby, because it's expensive and I'm always loosing money (emotions).
 
1 of many hobbies of mine :cool:
 
I enjoy thinking of domains and the detective work of finding what is available or not. I have sold a few on ebay, but not enough $ to call it a business yet ;)
 
It's everything. Fun, business, show off tool etc.
 
This is a hobby for me, I always used to collect in the past, but only recently have I gotten in to the buying and selling. Sales in the last 6 months of about $15k, I've spent over double that on acquiring domains and about $400/month in earnings from parking the domains. It's good fun, when I qualify as a doctor next year I'll probably have a bit more expendable income to add to my collection.
 
Hobby/Business for a little over a year now :) ....I consider it both really, since it pays for my College tuition.

One good thing is I've never spent over 7.20 for a name and I have owned a total of 317 .coms. I still own 146 of those names. So that makes for 171 names sold total that cost me $1,231.20.

I have made $31,340 from the sales of all 171 names. 31,340 - 1,231.20 = $30,108 net profit.

I know this is petty cash to some of the big timers here, but I'm not giving up yet, and I am just thankful my college tuition won't be haunting me after I graduate.

Good luck to you all!
CH
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom