Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Does your portfolio site get much traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wanted to get some feedback from you all about portfolio site traffic.

I launched my portfolio site in November 2013 with the 3 active supporting social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Google +). From about this time, I have seen my sitemaps submitted to Google, Bing etc and these have now been crawled.

In addition, I have put in a number of hours SEO (building backlinks etc) and I interact within Domain forums/ networks (promoting my domain signature).

Having done all this, I still find it difficult to attract regular steady traffic. On average, I probably receive less than 10 visits per day.

Have any of you encountered this difficulty? Does your portfolio site attract much traffic? I'm an experienced enough Web professional to understand that it can take time to rank well within search engines, but find it frustrating to see minimal progress.

I would like to know your thoughts, feedback and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
frankly, I think your initial expectations are too high.

thus, the frustration

if, you are an experienced enough web professional and "understand" it takes time....

again, more frustration.

how much time have you allotted, to reach a satisfactory volume of visitors per day?

what is the goal, and can you ever be satisfied?

:)

imo....

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Biggie.

I'm more than happy to put time into optimising the site further. More than anything, I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered a similar sort of experience to me? And if so, whether they had any further advice?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Biggie.

I'm more than happy to put time into optimising the site further. More than anything, I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered a similar sort of experience to me? And if so, whether they had any further advice?

I created my site in 2002, from a hand registered domain.

never did any seo optimizing other than basic meta, nor have I submitted it to any SE

still, to date, it receives x number of visitors per day and is ranked in google, dmoz, yahoo and other se's

producing sales from inquiries received thru the site is the goal.

so, it's about what you expect from your efforts.

imo...

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Traffic nowadays is mostly crawlers and hacking bots...more than 60% of the traffic is not human.
So one needs to discount a percentage of the traffic as "not useful"

I'm curious, what keywords are you guys trying to rank for ? Like "domain names" etc ? Would you not compete against GD and other registrars in that case ? I guess you'd have a hard time showing up on G !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators