• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Don´t get it, something is going wrong here...(not here at DNF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
780
Reaction score
0
Can somebody please help me to understand this:

I owned a domain which recently expired. Domain was parked at Fabulous, but never really got any noticable traffic. ( Obviously a reason to let it expire ).
Anyhow, sometimes I like to see what happens to my former domains, so today I checked this one, seeing it to be parked at sedo.
Owner wants $5000 for it, but what really got me were the stats:

unique visitors ( last 32 days ) : 225

So, domain never got that amount while being in my portfolio, so where is the traffic coming from all of a sudden?
 
Maybe that person is promoting the name, in his sigs or has placed it for appraisals :) Or maybe he is self genrating the traffic to show it as a traffic domain

BTW why did you let a domain drop if it was worth that much?
 
I would rather think that is self generated traffic.
And, I don´t think this domain is worth that amount.
 
I remember something about fabulous not catching subfolder traffic or was it subdomain traffic?

I know sedo does catch these, Maybe that has something to do with it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom