Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Don't Charge People To Post A Wanted Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know there is a $40 monthly fee for posting in the Advertising and Relating Offers section but that should only apply to members wanting to sell a product or a service. It's unfair to those who need a job completed and they have to pay $40 in order to make a thread. This results to members looking for alternatives such as using other forums instead of DNForum, especially if the job is only $20 and you have to pay $40 for a thread, it doesn't make sense from a buyers point of view.

UPDATE: -All sub sections in Advertising and Related Offers has been changed so you don't have to pay to post a thread. You are limited to ONE THREAD EVERY 24 HOURS, KEEP THAT IN MIND.
-Main section of Advertising and Related Offers remains at $40/30 days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as to your other questions, i suppose merging or eliminating areas is possible as well as adding limits to number of threads one can create.

we "used" to have fixes for thread creations in all the sales forums, where a member couldn't start more than 1 thread per day in any section.

however, since that fix ain't fixed, members will and can create more than 1 thread, even though it's a posting violation ...so that's why mods close them and probably why Adam put in a fee for Ad section.

but moderators can only suggest one way or the other, just like you, as we don't do backend fixes or upgrades.

Thank you for replying to my questions.

If the fee was was only to reduce the spamming in the advertising section, hopefully Adam would agree to a fix where members can't post more than one thread a day/week etc.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hopefully Adam would agree to a fix where members can't post more than one thread a day/week etc.

for the record, if consulted, i would not oppose that alternative

Good Luck!

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will get this implemented, thanks for the suggestion!

Chuck

This is why I love DNForum, willing to take on board suggestions that members have.

Thank Biggedon for this suggestion though.

Thanks to chuck for implementing the sugggestion, I appreciate it.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is it costs $40 post an ad in the advertising section only, this avoids tons of useless threads and self promotion.

I don't care if people post more than 1 thread in help wanted.

Adam

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to perhaps read the rules regarding posting.

Also, would you kindly direct me and everyone else to a site of yours that has the membership and viewership of DNForum where you gladly, yes, gladly give away advertising space for free?

Have you joined the google forums and *****ed to anyone who read your post the about why on earth google would charge its development and seoxperts REAL money to advertise on Google?

Did you wake up this morning and head on down to your local coffee shop and ask to post a placard in the window or on their counter touting your skills and ask them NOT to charge you?

Do you provide your services for FREE?

Because, honestly...this thread borders on the most lame of all threads I have ever seen by any member...new or not.

And in another thread...you are selling your product but have no samples to offer.

And in another thread, you are offering free samples of your wares but only to those of your choosing.

Oh, boo hoo hoo...I will not be included in your free offering and I'll be taken off your Christmas card list.

Seriously, you're acting like a little spoiled brat throwing a tantrum on the floor of the supermarket because your mommy won't buy you a treat.

SEOxperts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to perhaps read the rules regarding posting.

Also, would you kindly direct me and everyone else to a site of yours that has the membership and viewership of DNForum where you gladly, yes, gladly give away advertising space for free?

Have you joined the google forums and *****ed to anyone who read your post the about why on earth google would charge its development and seoxperts REAL money to advertise on Google?

Did you wake up this morning and head on down to your local coffee shop and ask to post a placard in the window or on their counter touting your skills and ask them NOT to charge you?

Do you provide your services for FREE?

Because, honestly...this thread borders on the most lame of all threads I have ever seen by any member...new or not.

And in another thread...you are selling your product but have no samples to offer.

And in another thread, you are offering free samples of your wares but only to those of your choosing.

Oh, boo hoo hoo...I will not be included in your free offering and I'll be taken off your Christmas card list.

Seriously, you're acting like a little spoiled brat throwing a tantrum on the floor of the supermarket because your mommy won't buy you a treat.

Thanks for your post. Never did I throw a tantrum...

Most of what your saying is true but your over exaggerating everything. I was just saying that I personally feel there shouldn't be a fee for the "Wanted Ad" section because there are other forums which are free and just as popular as DNForum.

I don't care about the cost for posting my own advertisement though which is why I paid for one..

I'm sorry I only wanted reputable members for my reviews instead of newcomers which I personally don't see as a problem. My reviews, I decide who gets them.

Anyway, thanks for your input. I'm not going to hold a grudge against you like you have implied, everyone has a right to their own opinion, thanks for sharing yours.

Last edited:

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the feedback.

The sub sections of the Advertising area are now open and free to post!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom