• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Don't pump gas on May 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already do. ;) Send email instead of letters. Pay bills online. Send packages via UPS. The Postal System is in big trouble it's only a matter of time, and not much at that, and they are no longer necessary.
I am in the process of sending out 9000 postcards. This will be followed up by an additional 10-12K. Part of a direct mail program.

Trust me, it is worth it.

This will be followed up by a national email campaign.

Sometimes you have to deal with USPS no matter what. It is a monopoly.

They spent what most country's GDP is on marketing and advertising new stamps when this is totally un-necessary. They have the market in this regard.
 
I am in the process of sending out 9000 postcards. This will be followed up by an additional 10-12K. Part of a direct mail program.

Trust me, it is worth it.

This will be followed up by a national email campaign.

Sometimes you have to deal with USPS no matter what. It is a monopoly.

They spent what most country's GDP is on marketing and advertising new stamps when this is totally un-necessary. They have the market in this regard.

You are correct but every year it just gets deeper in the hole.

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) reported a Fiscal Year 2007 first quarter loss of $2.7 billion

projected net loss for USPS in FY 2007 is $5.2 billion


http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2007/pr07_012.htm


I don't think it will be too much longer before they start "outsourcing." With these kinds of losses and it's going to continue to grow with online payments, emails, and packages taking more revenue every year from them. Postcards just aren't going to cut it.

BTW, mind if I ask what you're campaigning for? Or dare I? :lol:
 
Back to fuel...

improvements in diesel and cleaning emissions from diesel engines have my vote.

I recently traded in a 2003 Volkswagen Beetle TDI (diesel) on a vehicle for my wife after she found the 4th dog (dumped off creme lab...1 year old now. Smartest thing I have ever seen. In training to become a therapy dog for children's hospitals and child reading therapy...children loose inhibitions and fear of reading outloud cuddled up with a dog reading to it...fascinating. Simply remarkable newer field of pet therapy).

Anyways, it was an automatic and I used it as my commuter vehicle driving back and forth 92 miles between hospitals. 44-46 MPG highway. Unbelievable. Have a coworker who has the 5 speed Jetta TDI and swears he gets 52 MPG.

And for those that think Diesels have no pep...get in a VW diesel (they are all turbo diesels) and hang on! And fun to drive!

Will get another VW diesel for commuting. I took over the lease on the wife's vehicle and have 5 months left. Plus, diesel is cheaper than petro at the moment.

Alternative fuel? Fast food restaurant greese. Free and cheap. If you don't know about it, google it or I will try to find the links. One person went from North Carolina to California and back to NC in a converted VW Jetta for a grand total of less than $10.00 fuel. Now a very successful business in conversions for diesel vehicles. A filtration system and a dual tank for actual diesel fuel is around $1500-$2500 depending on make and model.

Those dual filtration systems are now a big seller in a couple of markets. I know construction fleet vehicles that are now converting to this. Huge fleets. The end result? Fuel costs savings in the tens of thousands for fleets and fuel that burns cleaner and smells like french fries.

BTW, mind if I ask what you're campaigning for? Or dare I? :lol:
To finally get your ass banned from here. :brick:

Just kidding.

I'll PM rather than occupy space and time on this worthwhile thread.
 
its $3.40 where i live....i should get a bike ..
 
This is a waste of time. If you said DON'T USE FUEL on a certain day (and that means no heat, no a/c, no driving) then you might be a blip on the radar.

But buying gas on the 14th or 16th instead of the 15th does nothing.

I agree. Get everyone to not buy gas for a month and then you'll see price drops.

Then real consumption changes will occur.
 
I'm sorry but this thread is a joke.

Gas is too cheap, certainly not expensive, you should get your facts straight. It's so cheap that American citizens use over 25% of the world's oil production with their luxury SUVs, for less than 5 percent of the global population.

Plus ignorant people like you are indirectly causing disasters all over the world.

I hate this attitude, the world doesn't owe you anything, you would not even have a job without Middle Eastern, Mexican, Canadian oil. You are ungrateful.

Shame shame. Don't buy a car that you can't afford, a 'rich' American complaining about his gas bill, lets get serious.

Global warming, oil wars, pollution in Alberta, can't you see what you cause by pumping so much gas?
 
This is a waste of time. If you said DON'T USE FUEL on a certain day (and that means no heat, no a/c, no driving) then you might be a blip on the radar.

But buying gas on the 14th or 16th instead of the 15th does nothing.

I also agree with this, the profits are still going to be there no matter what...I think the point of doing this 1 day boycott, is to send a message to the oil companies, but again it will do absolutley nothing.

We've cut down on our driving, if you take the into count, were paying less than $2.00 per gallon compared to when we weren't cutting down.
 
I am in the process of sending out 9000 postcards. This will be followed up by an additional 10-12K.

That's a lot of little white, 10+ year old Mail Haulers running around the Country at $3.00 plus per gallon delivering PostCards that heavy machinery was used to harvest, transport and transform both new and recycled materials into paper products that still more machinery and resources were used to convert various chemicals into ink and print products to convey your message.

What's ON these postcards, anyway?

GoPC
(always good for a little perspective)
 
That's a lot of little white, 10+ year old Mail Haulers running around the Country at $3.00 plus per gallon delivering PostCards that heavy machinery was used to harvest, transport and transform both new and recycled materials into paper products that still more machinery and resources were used to convert various chemicals into ink and print products to convey your message.

What's ON these postcards, anyway?

GoPC
(always good for a little perspective)
Cries of the bleeding heart liberals and tears of the tree huggers...what???

My God, I can not believe I have single handedly destroyed the ozone.

Are you powering your PC with solar power or wind turbines?
 
Cries of the bleeding heart liberals and tears of the tree huggers...what???

My God, I can not believe I have single handedly destroyed the ozone.

Are you powering your PC with solar power or wind turbines?

Mind power.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom