• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

dot info and search engine rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
0
Anyone noticed a dot info on the first page on google results?
 
My customers site is #1 and #2 position on just the term beating out citysearch, amazon, usatoday, myspace, and the tennessean. Low search returns but even if it wasn't it would likely still be on the first page and probably first result. Now if we would have went with a two word .com it might not be that way.
 
Google does not discriminate with domain extensions. There are less .info on the first page of google because it's a newer extension.
 
I also have a few infos on the first page of google.
 
spain.info is the first site listed for the keyword "spain" (No. 1 out of 320,000,000 results returned).

- Rob
 
I believe there is an issue with .info to a certain extent due to the fact many black hat seo sites are done 'under' .info's because of the $2.99 reg price.
 
I believe there is an issue with .info to a certain extent due to the fact many black hat seo sites are done 'under' .info's because of the $2.99 reg price.

The same thing was said about .com's which were regged for only one year, which I also find to be another crappy rumour with no evidence to back it up.
 
A 'legit' .info domain can surely enjoy high serp's if optimized properly.

However, IMO it is when it is in the 'grey area' where the domain may suffer from it being a .info and is just more under the magnifying glass.

BHSEO is based on short term success, and for that reason .info is the preferred extension
 
A 'legit' .info domain can surely enjoy high serp's if optimized properly.

I am not trying to sound like an ass, but you just contradicted yourself.

So we both agree that it is the content and how it's marketed which ultimately matters, not the extension ;)
 
.info is a great extension..good luck

no point to get into technical/seo issues really.
 
thank you guys.
I have a few .info's and I was getting frustrated,but I see now "spain.info":-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom