• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

End user rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,623
Reaction score
29
I'm fed up of the smartass end-user that always crops up when you are targeting potential buyers....the one out of every fifty that fire back a line like;

"wouldn't you be better trying to sell to someone who doesn't already have a website....if you do your homework, that is?"

I feel obliged to educate them about the importance of traffic, and point out that they are spending money off-line to drive traffic to their website; that money spent that way could be better spent buying a domain that'll get them 500 unique, targeted visitors, every month - and they will have an asset to boot!

I don't want to have to do that - I'm not a teacher...

When do you think non-domainers will catch on to traffic - anyone got any suggestions for how we can collectively educate the masses, and drive up the value of our assets?
 
Honestly, I think if you educate the masses, it'll drive down the value of our assets over time. It would be better to make something they can read for more information so you don't end up repeating yourself.
 
I think there is a disconnect with upper management/marketing and their IT department.
It should be common sense that if you are paying 10 a click for addwords and a domain with same keyword gets 1k visitors a month they could spen a ton on that domain and save money, problem is half the IT people dont have a clue either. I think they are lacking common sense.
What irritates me more than endusers is domainers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom