Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Exaggeration -- don't believe everything you read

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicalDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
George: Huh? You're extrapolating wrongly, yet again. What's worse, you clearly have the intelligence to know exactly where what you present as simple logic falls flat on its face. This might lead one to suspect that have decided to grind your ax even if it involves you in the presentation of half-truths and distortions.

Just one example: The deal was "nearing the final details". That's completely ambiguous. He does say that no monetary value was assigned to the name, but we don't know what the writer thinks of as "final details", and so we can't know when the name was requested/agreed upon. Maybe it was before discussion of payment method? Maybe before confidentiality/publicity terms? Maybe some subsection of one of those? Maybe something else altogether? We weren't part of it and guessing would be pointless. Not to mention dishonest.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was part of the deal, period, LogicalDomains. Thus, it was sold. Sorry if that shatters your world, but I've already moved past it.

You can use WHOIS.SC history verify for yourself that the nameservers for dirtyjokes.com changed in early January 2004 to their current ones, but the ownership didn't change until after Feb 2004, i.e. presumably once various payments under the contract were made. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just because no individual value was assigned to it doesn't mean it had zero value -- it just meant there was one total price for a portfolio of domains (men.com, dirtyjokes.com, plus any others that have not been disclosed to the public).

LogicalDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If that's your idea of solid proof, I can only hope you're never called to jury service.

I once agreed to donate a name, changed the DNS over and then had to remind the recipient almost a year later to submit a transfer.

Hey, why don't I ask Rick and/or KRL what the real story was? Oops, already did that. You keep guessing. I've lost interest in this.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The screenshot by KRL clearly says the domain name was "included in the transaction". You're more easily manipulated by after-the-fact spin, clearly. You'd fit into DK's board perfectly, kudos. (bah)

There are 5 stages in coping with grief:

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

Let me know when you've progressed from stage #1, to acceptance. :p

LogicalDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
George: I know what happened. You're wrong. End of story.
Go on - post again. You can have the last word.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quote for the day;

" a crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety "
- aesop

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, thsi is humor forum and not "this "site" sucks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators