Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Flippa slashes prices for domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised not to see this mentioned here yet. Got an email from Flippa yesterday (see below). Domain listing fees have been slashed from $29 to $9 (+10% "success" fee)

Does this make you more inclined to try them out?

Websites and apps are cheaper to list now too, though they have removed caps on "success" fees which in the case of higher transactions will actually make selling there more expensive.

-------------------------------------------------------------

From Today: Up to 70% off Flippa Listing Fees!

You have been suggesting a reduction in listing fees and we've listened. Today, Flippa is excited to announce lower listing fees - across the board.

Established Websites – Was $29, Now $19.
The most popular type of listing on Flippa as it places your website in front of tens of thousands of buyers looking for a great investment or online business to buy.

Domains – Was $29, Now $9
At this lower cost domainers, both professional and amateur, can list a number of domains for sale and it won't break the bank.

Apps – Was $29, Now $19
The App marketplace is growing week by week. We want to foster the growth of selling Apps in an auction setting.

Our fees are now the lowest you’ll find anywhere on the web with over 400,000 potential buyers on site!

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a good move, but I would have preferred it if they'd kept the prices the same and let us use our credit to relist other domains/sites if our domain/site doesn't get sold.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like Flippa less and less. And I've done like $150k worth of sales with them and they've given me awards.

In my view, this is not a price cut, but a major price increase. They've even removed the cap! I paid $2k on a $125k sale a year ago.

They continue to play with their pricing and all it does it nickel and dime sellers and increase the number of listings your site can get lost in.

They aren't doing nearly as much as they should be to bring in new buyers. They're just milking a small number of big buyers. They have a program now called "Deal Flow" where you pay 10% success fee and the buyers pay a $1000 finders fee. Ew.

The number of views my listings get has gone down tremendously and that's directly related to their pricing changes. (I have 100+ people watching my account too.)

When the number of domains listed at a given time was under 200 it was reasonable. Now over 900 domains are listed. And you might get 30 views to your listing. I get more views on a DNForum.com thread.

In my opinion, it will become a marketplace of trash and garbage. (Oh, wait...)

Last edited:

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's the worst part.

Flippa automatically emails all sellers in the last hours of their auction saying "Click here to lower your reserve to the current high bid." Even if it's only like $20. And then advises them that it will entice buyers into bidding. When often it doesn't because there are very few buyers at all.

Here's a direct quote from an email:

To significantly increase your chances of a sale, you can reduce your reserve to $16. This means that the next bid will meet your reserve and that XXXX.net will sell to the highest bidder!

We’ll get the ball rolling by emailing all bidders and watchers to let them know that the reserve has almost been met.

I guess the bottom line is that Flippa is a buyers market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators