• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Forced password change at DNForum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
780
Reaction score
0
When I just logged in I was told that my password had expired (some 13000 days).

I therefor had no chance but changing it as I could not to to any other site of DNForum, always came back to the "your password has expired site".

Can anybody please confirm that this is correct???????
 
I just entered the same password and it accepted ok.
 
Thanks!
That just got me worried a little bit.
 
When DNF came back online i just enterd as normal (i have it set to save the password) - everyone else i spoke to told me they got the expired message.

I change my passwords on a monthly basis so it was about time to change this one again lol.

Thank you

Sin
 
I entered as normal too, didn't get the expired message either.
 
Aren't passwords stored in the databases as the HASHED value, and not the plaintext password??

Normally yes but the weakest ones like 12345 or lilo can be cracked from the md5 hash in an eyeblink.
 
Your password is 843 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

:-(
 
Not a bad idea to do this anyways....except if you've got yours saved in the browser and can't remember it :)
 
Anyone else needing to always login with usrname/paswrd since the hack and after changing the paswrd?

I have posted about the cookies not working anymore a few other times with no response.
 
Anyone else needing to always login with usrname/paswrd since the hack and after changing the paswrd?

I have posted about the cookies not working anymore a few other times with no response.

i've had to log in multiple times over the last couple of days ... first thought it was on my end, but i guess not.
 
Anyone else needing to always login with usrname/paswrd since the hack and after changing the paswrd?

I have posted about the cookies not working anymore a few other times with no response.

Nah, its all working great here..... I didnt get the prompt, then again I changed my password within a couple of days of the hack
 
I changed my paswrd immediately and ever since then the cookies do not work even though the login use cookies box is set to yes correctly. Getting annoying always needing to login with usrname/paswrd on each visit
 
I changed my paswrd immediately and ever since then the cookies do not work even though the login use cookies box is set to yes correctly. Getting annoying always needing to login with usrname/paswrd on each visit

Did you try clearing cookies and then logging in again?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom