• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Frank Schilling talking at domain conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr.... probably too late!
Just seeing a video rotating the auctioned domains.

By the way, a quick note to say it's already possible to bid for the live auction of the Roundtable conference at:
http://www.domaintools.com/live-auction/live
DomainTools made a great page in Web 2.0 for that purpose (congrats).

If someone have listen the Frank speech and have the kindness to write some lines, he is welcome. It's allways interesting to learn about people having a pair of domains more than me.

For sure, I am kidding.
 
I wish these guys would be honest and just say unless you have a shitload of money or really luck out with a future term, you'll never end up like me, lol.
 
it was a nice talk with a q&a afterwards, if you read his blog it's a lot of similar subject matter, but nice to hear and see it.

I think they are rotating clips of different speeches at the event, so it could come back.

now, someone should do a story on Frank's friend, Gary Chernof.
 
it was a nice talk with a q&a afterwards, if you read his blog it's a lot of similar subject matter, but nice to hear and see it.

I think they are rotating clips of different speeches at the event, so it could come back.

now, someone should do a story on Frank's friend, Gary Chernof.

Quote from Frank's Keynote Speech at Monday's Domain Roundtable dinner:
"I used to work for $100 a day but now I make $100 when I exhale."

Frank was well-spoken, amiable, and had the intense attention of 200 attendees for over an hour. Thanks to Frank for giving us all some great information and even greater hope to reach his success!:ok:
 
Hello Stephen,

It will be great that you put available somewhere this video so the people that miss it (like me) can watch it.

The DNF community thank you in advance .

...
 
I wish these guys would be honest and just say unless you have a shitload of money or really luck out with a future term, you'll never end up like me, lol.

Well, they can't say anymore "pick up drops late at night for reg fee, and reg domains with overture w/ext or xx,xxx+ overture search terms". I think you're right, you either have to be well funded or very quick at regging new popular terms, or work hard at finding domains under valued. So much more competition these days...
 
Well, they can't say anymore "pick up drops late at night for reg fee, and reg domains with overture w/ext or xx,xxx+ overture search terms". I think you're right, you either have to be well funded or very quick at regging new popular terms, or work hard at finding domains under valued. So much more competition these days...

Indeed, the techniques that made them what they are would never work in todays marketplace. Makes me angry that i didn't see the value in domains in 98 when i had a good bit of money to invest and prices were low. Ah well. Its still interesting hearing their stories but they had it so easy compared to people starting out in the past few years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom