Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Free Domain Names - A Christmas Present from Dotster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that should have got everyone's attention :D

I have five free .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, or .us domains (1 year registration) to give away.

Here's how it works:

Given that Registrars need to make at least a minimal profit on domains, email me your requirements for the ideal "speculator domain account".

This is an account for someone who, as a hobby or business, registers domain names for quick resale, development and resale, or existing traffic (i.e. not a reseller who want to manage their own customers below them as sub-accounts).

Let me know what price you would be willing to pay per domain/year (please be realistic), what value-added products you want (in order of priority. Examples: under construction page, for sale page, email forwarding, URL forwarding, registry lock, private WHOIS, etc), if you would pay for any of those value-adds, what customer support level you need, how you would like transfers (both registrar-registrar and registrant-registrant) to work, what you would like in the interface, etc.

If you consider yourself a speculator also let me know how many names you would have in your account (transfer or new) in the first year if we gave you everything you asked for. (I am not doing this as a sales tool, just getting a better idea of the market for such accounts to see if they are financially viable for us).

Email all of that along with your dnforum username and your Dotster or Namewinner username.

I will pick 5 winners at random from the entries received (I expect at most 20 responses so you should have at least a 1 in 4 chance of winning), and email the winners asking for the domain they want to register. (And no I will not register the names at Enom :D )

Regards,

Mark......

P.S. Please don't post your ideas here as I want everyone to send me their ideas, not bits of other peoples, I would appreciate people posting here to let me know they have emailed me.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, closing date for entries is Tuesday December 24th, 9am PST (5pm GMT).

Mark......

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to post my work email on here for all the spammers ;)

But, whoops, the link in my profile to send me an email isn't working.

So: you can email me at:

[email protected]

Sorry,

Mark......

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only one entry yet, and five free domains to give away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators