Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Give Away Your Domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last night member Woeger (Adam) surprised some folks by popping in and GIVING away a few of his domain names. I happened to be the first one to email him to claim one of the giveaways –a name he had just paid $300 for a few months ago – one that has over 16,000 monthly searches in Overture. It is guys like him who make hanging around here so much fun – you surely never know what to expect!

Anyhow, his gesture got me thinking. We have one thread that is already very popular in which members post expired names they have come across but decided not to register themselves. If someone reading the post decides to register one of the names, they send 20 DNF dollars to the poster.

I was thinking it would be cool to follow Woeger’s giveaway lead when you have domains you have decided not to renew and that you have been unable to resell. If it is getting close to the expiration date - or you are just sick of the name and have given up on it - why not post the name here. If someone wants it, you transfer it to them at no charge (maybe a few DNF bucks if you have to have something to show for your reg fee!). Just allow enough time to do the transfer before expiration. Most registrars let you push a name into a free account now .

You could add your own twist to determine who gets the name – 1st person to PM or email you, first person to answer a quiz question, whatever you think would be fun. It might be interesting to note why you registered it in the first place.

I don’t have any nearing expiration until after the first of the year, but I am sure I will have some candidates I would be happy to deep six! I am so tired of seeing some of them, I might hand them their walking papers far in advance. The one Woeger gave me still has a year to go on the registration, so in his honor I’m going to call my first giveaway the "Woeger Award! "

I would suggest that GregR start the ball rolling by giving away a couple of his useless 3-letter .coms
:)

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Duke and I were lucky enough to get those freebies from Woeper last night.

Such a kind gesture...

I agree, this could be an intersting thread topic... Names about to drop, owner does not want to renew.. hey, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Instead of dropping, start a thread, hold a contest, accept DN bux, etc....

Post your suggestions here..

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry Greg - me first :)

Simple question - anyone here from (and in) Oregon?

Not know someone there, I got relatives there to myself.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like what bob suggests/does in his next post. Give people a chance to buy them first at least.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I do this already. I try to sell for $20, then I will offer names for DNF bux (usually 200 per name).

My next one is:

PerfectAthlete.com

if anybody wants it for 200 DNF bux :D

-bob

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool. I usually read your posts Bob. I missed those in the past somehow. I only steal ideas from the best!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
I like what bob suggests/does in his next post. Give people a chance to buy them first at least.

Real cash is always nicer...

M

Mythios

I think this is a great idea. It's a great way to build camaraderie and promote good will. I give two thumbs up for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators