Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Has Dnf Been Abandoned?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen threads with multiple bumps and others without names in their titles... There seems to be no moderation anymore. What happened?

Upvote 0

bro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Things have slowed down with the economy, so they are on strike for a pay raise :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen threads with multiple bumps and others without names in their titles... There seems to be no moderation anymore. What happened?

how many of these threads have you reported?
and out of those you've reported, how many have not been addressed?
additionally, do you know how many threads, posts, etc....have been deleted, closed, etc.. without being reported at all?

furthermore, how many of such threads, posts do you know have been reported by other members, and not been addressed?

if you want to ask questions.... do you have those answers?

imo...

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't need the answers to these questions.

Further, it is not my responsibility to police the forum when I paid to be a part of this community.

I've even seen theads by a moderator that had no domains in the title. Unfortunately, the thread I noticed was fixed after this post so I can't link you to it.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't call it the wild west on here, but have seen a huge decline in activity in general.. conversely the other forum we aren't allowed to mention seems to be busier but I can't really speak from experience on that as I've really always liked and only used DNF until this point. It's a great community, but seems smaller than ever before.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameyourself you got it right my friend. dnf activity is way down in the past year or so tho it most likely started earlier. many did not like the upgrade last spring but that's not the only reason.
that other forum is very busy with many great discussions. quite a few dnf users now post there.

i still like dnf but it sure gives the administrators on here something to think about.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't call it the wild west on here, but have seen a huge decline in activity in general.. conversely the other forum we aren't allowed to mention seems to be busier but I can't really speak from experience on that as I've really always liked and only used DNF until this point. It's a great community, but seems smaller than ever before.

I can agree with this fact, that other forum has a lot of conversation, and even very active bidding on their auctions. DNF seems like all the good domains get linked to flippa, and the community aspect has gone a bit quiet. I understand people are busy, and things tend to evolve over time, it is good for many as you can get really good names posted here fairly cheap.

Last edited:

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter captured most of it.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, a lot of options now, will thin things out.

As far as the other site goes, quit there voluntarily years ago when they decided a known and proven thief ( my own investigation proved it true) was ok to remain a member. That would never be allowed here and has been tested many times.

As far as their conversations go, I stopped drinking milk 12 years ago.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't need the answers to these questions.

Further, it is not my responsibility to police the forum when I paid to be a part of this community.

I've even seen theads by a moderator that had no domains in the title. Unfortunately, the thread I noticed was fixed after this post so I can't link you to it.

all members who paid join the forum, should see that as an investment, in this community.

and though it's not your responsibility to police the forum.... as a contributing member, you could have either reported the thread or send that mod a pm about the thread.

however, you felt compelled to start this thread to complain about lack of forum moderation.

time and effort still used, but to what end?

imo...

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've not spent too much time watching the modding here so i can't comment on shane's op but the same threat title would be great if the subject was dnf being abandoned by users who've now gone to the other forum lol.
i notice that every time i go on that other forum.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes, I concur DNF has been abandoned by the MODS, they are to busy listing their domains for sale on here, to bother with any sort of decency of a response. I know Adam has many things on the go, and is probably unaware of how they are doing their job, but he would not be pleased.

Sorry I used to be a big fan of DNF, not saying it to be mean, but after using DNF before, and after things are not running as a forum of this stature should.

It needs a MOD shakeup.

Last edited:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just fire all the Mods.
I am glad you think it is a joke John, the amount of time you spend making useless comments, you can actually use to do some good around DNF
Just fire all the Mods.

John with all due respect the amount of time you spend making useless comments, you can actually use to respond to legitimate concerns.

That is fine, people have a choice to come to this site, and I wish you all the best.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I concur DNF has been abandoned by the MODS, they are to busy listing their domains for sale on here, to bother with any sort of decency of a response. I know Adam has many things on the go, and is probably unaware of how they are doing their job, but he would not be pleased.

Sorry I used to be a big fan of DNF, not saying it to be mean, but after using DNF before, and after things are not running as a forum of this stature should.

It needs a MOD shakeup.

airmax, I've known you for some years now and really don't think your comments are accurate or fair.

I, being a moderator and a member since 2002, have every right to list my domains for sale, just like any other member who has such privileges.

as for doing my job, Adam and Chuck are both well aware, of what I do and what I've been doing.

perhaps you are disgruntled because your issue with another member has not received the attention or resolution you desire, however if you read DNForums' TOS, rule's 26 & 26 state:

26.DNForum does not get involved in user issues with other members or issues they have with companies. All opinions and posts made by users does not reflect those of the forum. Dnforum is a discussion forum where members have the right to free speech. Please resolve domain sales disputes off the board. If the user does not respond the way you want, if you must, you may go ahead and post the facts in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues. Posting a string with facts is OK and sometimes this may help to lead to a desirable outcome. Make sure if you post about another DNF member, that you can back it up. All other rules strictly apply, so please use the venue properly. We recommend filing a civil complaint with the other party if a transaction goes awry. Remember that DNF cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales.

29.DNForum cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales. Please resolve domain sales disputes off the board. If the user does not respond the way you want, if you must, you may go ahead and post the facts in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues. Posting a string with facts is OK and sometimes this may help to lead to a desirable outcome. Make sure if you post about another DNF member, that you can back it up. All other rules strictly apply, so please use the venue properly. We recommend filing a civil complaint with the other party if a transaction goes awry. Remember that DNF cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales.

moderators don't have as much power over situations as you may think, so your frustrations should be addressed to those who can affect change.

imo...

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggie, You, and me do not know each other, I have been a member of the thread for years, and I have used it to purchase domains.

Sure list your domains away, but also be respectful, and have the decency to respond to a real concerns, even if you do not choose to deal with them.

Both me and the person who posted the thread have asked for it to be taken down, when you make payment to someone, and they do not send over a domain, nor refund, and post something in malice, the forum mods should have some decency to respond to that. He and I both asked for the removal of the thread, he posted it, so you should at least be honorable in that fact.

If I posted a Thread that said BIGGIE.US SCAMMED me, and there is no merritt to it, you will take it down in a second, no?

Regardless of the fact, I had to bring it here to get a response from you.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when I said , I've known you, that was in general, as a member with positive trader feedback and no past issues.

as for that thread, no, I didn't read it, nor did I want to get involved in it.

however, if "both" of you send me a pm, asking to have it removed, then I will.

Thanks

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when I said , I've known you, that was in general, as a member with positive trader feedback and no past issues.

as for that thread, no, I didn't read it, nor did I want to get involved in it.

however, if "both" of you send me a pm, asking to have it removed, then I will.

Thanks
Thank You, for the followup, I appreciate that.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not spend much time on the forum as I used to.

I am back in school working on several specialized advanced degrees and certifications, working, and traveling across the country. I spent 21 of the last 23 months on the road teaching and training physicians on new software. I've been home the last 3 months but leave soon to return to California for at least 3 months.

Not bitching, complaining, or griping about my career and educational goals as I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. My yearly income is more than I ever thought possible.

Now, about domaining...I check in every now and then on the forum. Yes, I am still selling and buying (mostly selling). I am not advertising or promoting the names anywhere. If someone truly wants a name they will contact you. I had my largest sale ever last spring. That company came to me.

Let me repeat that...if someone truly wants a domain name, they will seek you out.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom