Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Has namepros banned a word 'dnforum' even at private messages? :?

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
:D :D

Namepros has banned a word 'dnforum' at their platform.. you even can't mention it in a private message to another member :D :D

Are you able to use it? .. or is it just me?

chrome_uvBUVtnn6S.png

chrome_eyFGZyn3eF.png

---

also, have blocked our account at twitter:

brave_6mHvPKdWF2.png

... what are they afraid of, really? :?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

it has been prohibited for years.

imo....

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They block all forums, even on twitter.

That is why I am launching the new Forum List where we all band together and list on each others forums.

At the bottom of DN.ca

Screenshot (35).png

I am working on a custom addon that all forums can add in a single click

So far participating are...

Canada & India, with commitments from USA & United Kingdom

I have planted the seed in Australia and am currently working on the China forum but their English translation is down so I need a way to make the link auto translate. So I'm working on that one.

I listed DNForum as USA and if namepros ever decides to take off the blocks we can consider listing them under the WORLD banner.

We are more powerful together and the bigger the resource the better for all domainers. I'm hoping the time comes when we can have mutual co-operation with namepros but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

The main thing for me right now is to standardize the addon and to get as much participation from the other forums as possible.

PS. Any forum wanting to participate is free to use my layout and they can also grab the flags or they can just PM me for the code.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
We are more powerful together and the bigger the resource the better for all domainers. I'm hoping the time comes when we can have mutual co-operation with namepros but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

10000%

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
This is sitewide on NP's, they want to be like Godaddy monopoly beast, the only ones at the top in Domaining field.
It's not excluded that forum to belong to Godaddy.

Hi, it doesn't seem that GoDaddy is behind them. Currently this is the main/official source about the owners and, yes, they are private: https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-owns-namepros.1027788/

.. I think GoDaddy would be more vocal and present at NamePros if they were the owners.. though you could be somehow correct, of course.. haven't got a clue :)

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi, it doesn't seem that GoDaddy is behind them. Currently this is the main/official source about the owners and, yes, they are private: https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-owns-namepros.1027788/

.. I think GoDaddy would be more vocal and present at NamePros if they were the owners.. though you could be somehow correct, of course.. haven't got a clue :)
You might be right.
Sometimes I wonder why they are so favorizing Dynadot registrar, could there be some hidden link or this is because Dynadot pay them good fees through affiliate?

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Namepros has banned a word 'dnforum' at their platform.. you even can't mention it in a private message to another

Just use the xenforo filters and change namepros to namepoos everytime someone mentions them.

Light hearted and it gets the job done ;)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators