Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Help! Just got an inquiry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the misc forum, but so far it has not earned much attention. I was hoping by that reposting it here I might benefit from the experience of the true professionals...

Also, I did not mention the actual name in the other forum, but I feel more at ease here. The domain is ridergallery.com, and the other one is riderframeandgallery.com

Here is the original post. Please help me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have a domain for a friend's art collection (xxxxxgallery.com - the x's are his last name). About three years ago we started to develop a site around it and got a bit into it but not very far. It has been sitting in that state ever since.

About a month ago I got an inquiry from someone developing a new site called xxxxxframeandgallery.com - they are located in a much bigger city. He asked about our intentions for the domain, and I told him that the owner intends to continue development on the site when he has time, which is true. They were concerned about customer confusion. I also told him that I would pass along his concerns and if he wanted to make an offer, that I would be happy to pass that along as well.

My friend was amused at their interest, but nothing came of it.

This person just wrote me back to tell me that their site will be launched shortly and they are interested in purchasing the domain. He wanted to know if we would be willing to sell.

My friend is not inclined to sell, but I think he would if the price was right. How on earth do I go about assigning a value to this name?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think first...

Say exactly that...Your not sure if your friend will be interested in selling, BUT
if they would like to make an offer that would be great..you will forward it to him.

Better to see where they are first before you mention a number. See what they offer, let your friend know and see what a acceptable price will be to him. If any....

Also, if you ask this other company to make an offer, they can't come back at you later and say you solicited them. Not that any legal issues will arise, but in case they decide to play games your covered.

Hope that helps alittle

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks izoot - that is a sensible course. I just sent that very e-mail. Let's see if anything comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators