• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help! Shrinking Text...what would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillpupp

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
362
Reaction score
1
Hopefully someone here who knows more about computers can help me out.
Today out of nowhere the text on some sites I frequent (Yahoo,OVT) got dramatically smaller.I didn't change any settings on anything.
Then today while I was using the OVT tool,which was extremely hard to read because of the mysterious shrinkage,it shrunk AGAIN.Literally,I reloaded the page and the text got even smaller before my eyes.

Here is a screenshot of how OVT looks to me currently:

http://www.geocities.com/nolucksavant/ovt.jpg

I figured out if I check the box on Internet Properties-->Accessibilty--> Ignore Specified Font Sizes on Web Pages then it SOMEWHAT fixes the problem,but it's not optimal at all.
Now some text sizes are abnormally large in many places they shouldn't be.Does anyone know what could have happened?
Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
 
Did you move the scroll wheel in your mouse or keyboard while pressing ctrl key?. Try setting font size to normal (ctrl+0 in firefox)
 
Thanks alot for the reply...I think you're right.I have a laptop and have been using the CTRL key alot lately for cutting and pasting.It's very likely I hit the mouse area on accident while holding down CTRL.
I am using Internet Explorer through AOL..the ctrl+0 didn't work for me..Is there is similar fix for IE? I really appreciate your help.
 
Try:

View -> Text Size

and try making it larger...
 
Thanks guys,I got it figured out now.It just really threw me because I had no idea text size could be affected by holding CTRL and scrolling.It made me think it was something beyond the simple text size option in IE.
I put it back to normal through IE and restarted my comp and it's fine.
I learned a little something today! Thanks again.
 
I'm glad you got it solved. It still happens to me from time to time. It's a function that should be buried further in web browsers or deactivated by default, IMHO. I understand there's a reason for it, but it can drive some users insane before they figure out what's going on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom