• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

how to get droplists manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro4

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
456
Reaction score
0
...
 
Last edited:
Apply for them through Verisign, then use software.

Last time I logged in I believe they were over 900mb for the .com's
 
...
 
Last edited:
...
 
Last edited:
WHat JDK is referring to is the master zone files. The zone files include domain name and the NS records (there are A records at the end too). There are NO expiration dates in the zone file. From that, you have to figure out what is happening. I wish it were as easy as just pulling a date from a text file.

-Bob
 
If you use the master zone files, the easiest thing to do is download yesterdays and download todays. Then compare what names were in yesterdays that arent in todays. This gives you the names that dropped. With those you scan and see which are available still and register the ones you wish.
 
...
 
Last edited:
Dropped and can be registered.
 
jdk said:
Dropped and can be registered.

Unless the process has changed, I disagree.

It USED to be that when a name was dropped from the zone file, it would no longer resolve - IE. it was past expiration. You then had to track the names manually and watch for the varoius states. . .

But, I have not mucked with zone files for 2-3 years now, so I could be outdated.

-Bob
 
I believe it has changed because on the lists it shows any registrar hold, pending delete, etc.

Once they fall off the list they have dropped.

Unless I have not paid much attention as I havent downloaded them in a couple months and that is how I recall them as being.

I will have to download them tonight and see
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom