Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I love my puppy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a year since we got our German shepherd puppy (imported from Belgium, poor puppy spent almost 24 hours in transit!).

Her father is one of the top German shepherds in the EU (hell, the world), Winner (egotistical name, IMO :lol:). She's been the best dog ever.

She is a true German shepherd. Confident (a quality lacking in most US bred German shepherds), very intelligent, beautiful, and BIG (95 pounds and she's still filling out!).

She is extremely well behaved and also is going to be a great working dog. At <6 months, she got her herding instinct certification and a month after her first birthday she got a SG1 rating (best in her class)at a local Sieger show (German style show) which encouraged Fred Lanting to write:

"In the Youth (12-18mo) female class, I got a blue ribbon for (my wife and I) Winner Assaut daughter appropriately named Fayr (pronounced "fire") but call-named Kiri. A lively but untrained-to-lead-out bitch who should do pretty well based on her anatomy, if not her slightly masculine expression. Owners and dog are lucky to have each other - great temperament in all."

She's also intelligent enough for obedience and schutzhund and I'm sure she'll be good at tracking. We plan on having her CGC (Canine Good Citizen) and BH (Schutzhund temperament test) by the end of the summer. She's got great drive for play, and prey (she chases birds and anoles (sp?) outside).

We already have a site lined up for her first litter (she just got out of her first heat, we'll probably wait until the 2nd or 3rd heat). We already have 7 puppies spoken for (yes, we have a waiting list for puppies), possibly as many as 12.

She's now lying on the floor next to my chair snoozing. :blush:

Kiri had an interesting "comb-over" before her ears stood up.
comboversm.jpg

She was a great puppy and got along with the other dogs.
kiripuppysm.jpg

and cats...
kiri_cat.jpg

She's even won a few awards in shows (rare for a German bred dog in AKC)
kiridade600.jpg

This picture was too cute not to take.
sleep1.jpg

She's grown up to be a beautiful girl!
kiri21.jpg

More pics of her at http://www.kirigsd.com

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She is a beaut!

I handled and later trained German Shepherds in the military. The dogs as companions were one of the few highlights and made things bearable in unbearable situations.

Early in my marriage, we got into raising and training German Shepherds, primarily Schutzhund bloodlines directly imported from Germany. The black and red color was simply stunning and not often found in the states.

As life went on, and the dogs got older and several moves later, we no longer have German Shepherds.

Instead, we have had several adoptees (the mutts wandering into our lives) but great dogs nevertheless.

But we have since gotten into lab rescue. We now have three creme colored labs, a total of six dogs. The CGC is only the logical thing to do. We now have one dog certified CGA as well as recently certified as a therapy dog from Therapy Dog International. She is currently starting on a program to aide kids in reading.

The other two are currently in training for obedience and will eventually follow the same route as the first.

Cotton, 17 months old now, is the TDI/CGC certified dog. She was found abandoned on a highway in West Virginia, perhaps 2-3 months old.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/532039487_32750f6c5b.jpg?v=0

Mobi, yes, Mobi, is now 10 months old and perhaps close to 90 pounds. He was found in the local shelter also at about 3 months old. We did not know it at the time but he had a brother in the same shelter. When we went back the brother was already adopted.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/gotlab/P1060264.jpg?t=1200369893
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/gotlab/P1060308.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb257/gotlab/mob1.jpg
Last is most current of Mobi.

Our newest girl, Lexi, has only been with us two weeks. She is beautiful like Cotton, loyal, and smart as a whip! She is perhaps 2 years old and rescued from the local shelter.

Glad to see you going for the CGC certification. I used to train dogs for protection and security but strongly suggest to all that this not be done. A well loved dog will be protective by nature and does not need to be trained to attack.

Plus, most home owners policies will not cover but a certain amount of this. You would need to increase your protection or buy a seperate policy.

Dogs are swell.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cute puppy man, dogs are definitely a mans best friend. i have a miniature schnauzer but envy my brothers staffy which has a grey/blue coat which i have never seen before.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Make her a website...I've got some related domains, if you're interested, please pm."

:D Just kidding. She's gorgeous.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you going for the CGC certification.

My wife is a registered CGC evaluator. :)

I used to train dogs for protection and security but strongly suggest to all that this not be done. A well loved dog will be protective by nature and does not need to be trained to attack.

Spoken like a responsible dog owner. When we did malinois rescue we spent more time talking people out of malinois than talking about adopting them. Its not easy living with a mal, and we have two of them. :)

"Make her a website...I've got some related domains, if you're interested, please pm."

:D Just kidding. She's gorgeous.

You missed the last line in the message.. :smilewinkgrin:

She is gorgeous, even gets high praise from people "in the know" with real German shepherds. Too bad AKC cares more about judging by the wrong end of the leash and politics to really promote good dogs or she's already be a champion now. (Come on, judges, first of all, how come HALF of you don't know what sex she is AFTER you examine her and second, if the standard says "must show confidence" how come you give breed to the dog cowering in the corner??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom