Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Invisible" Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:wave:

Is there a way to be "invisible" (i.e., not be seen as "online") when signed in on DNF?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can think of 3 reasons to be invisible: 1. you may not want everyone to know you spend half your life on forums. I recall Acroplex was flamed because it was noticed he was here all the time and considered a negative as it was implied he has nothing better to do with his time so how could he have the time to be successful in his web business. 2, some sellers monitor who is viewing their sales threads and send a PM asking if interested in the name when they see you are on the thread. Has happened to me a few times. 3. A well known person like Bob Parsons and others may not want you to know they are here.

p.s. A few yrs ago dnf had invisible mode but it was removed as a CP feature by admin.

you make some good points dude
Pred :yes:

Domain Summit 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you make some good points dude
Pred :yes:
I second that...actually THIRD that. :couch2:

Even though I am relatively new to the community, there has already been some "intrusions". :spy:

If I'm listed as being in the thread, then that is indication enough of my presence. PM's start coming in. :ranger:

Or, if I PM someone, and that someone passes my PM on to someone else :gossip: that I am bidding, all of a sudden I get PM for solicitations that I do not want.

A little decency and courtesy would do in this case. If you have domains posted for sale or auction, I may or may not be interested or have gotten to yours yet. :fish2:

In Peter's defense, :cool: I think he's just plain sneaky. :evil:

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 5660

Hey guys! If ENOUGH people PETITION here on this POST THREAD I'm sure DNF and Adam will allow "Invisible Mode"!

They seem to be control freaks so i doubt they will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom