• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is Canadian traffic as good as US traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
3,116
Reaction score
8
Do the PPC providers give any preference to US traffic over Canadian ? Is there a difference in RPC between US and CA traffic?

Thanks,
Petros
 
Dobrij den', Petros :)

The difference is really becoming minimal at the moment, because Canadian dollar is on the rise... Whereas it was $1CDN = $0.75USD only a few years ago, now the exchange rate is $1CDN = $0,94 USD. Therefore as the market soars, they're almost the same now.

From what I've personally seen so far Canadian traffic is almost as good as US traffic -- the difference is minimal, maybe 10-20%.

Best regards,

Dennis
 
I think us and canadian traffic treated the same way. Vancouver and Seattle for instance impossible to distinguish by ip address, sometimes i go to the traffic test and depends what provider used they can't even identify that I am in canada
 
thanks guys, appreciated :)
 
My .ca domains get nearly the same traffic from US sources as they do Canadian and the payouts always seem to stay the same regardless of which place they came from.
 
from a domainer doing ppc it's probably pretty close to same. if I was a US advertiser I'd prefer US traffic only if you are shipping product, because shipping rates from the US are high for Canadians, and I think they just went up recently. If your product is unique or digital, or you can ship from within Canada, it might not matter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom