Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

question Is world.com legit?

This is a general or domain name related question.

Random_Noob

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I don't know much about the dn industry. I've been offered to bid for an interesting domain by someone claiming to be with world.com.

The price of this domain will likely be 5 figures, that's whay I'm asking around if this company is a known player.

The salesperson reached out to me because I'm using a similar, quite popular domain for my business. Their e-mail account is with post.com.

I haven't found much information about world.com. What I could find were a few forum discussions hinting that they're legit. But for an established domain broker, there is very little buzz about them. When I searched for lists of known brokers, I didn't find a single one including world.com

If some of you have heard of them or made business with them, I'd welcome your help very much. Thank you!

Domain Summit 2024

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Its technically a domaining site selling domain names.

In my opinion it has arguably the best domain name ever created.

If someone asked me what the best domain name in the world was I would probably pick world.com

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They own post.com, which would be great for the New York post or the Washington Post, etc. they have a great portfolio, and I’d be surprised if you got any of those names for 5 figures.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

maybe if you 'typed" the actual domain in question, into your address bar and press enter -
perhaps it would lead to more information about the name and the who/what's and why's.

imo...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone asked me what the best domain name in the world was I would probably pick world.com
I’d probably go with either money.com or gold.com or maybe diamond(s).com. But any of the names on that portfolio are worth a lot of money. Even Business.com was worth a lot, though it sold for way too much for the business plan that the buyer had at the time.

Random_Noob

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

maybe if you 'typed" the actual domain in question, into your address bar and press enter -
perhaps it would lead to more information about the name and the who/what's and why's.

imo...
How would that help me to learn whether the domain is for sale by world.com? I'm asking if people in this forum know world.com and the business running it.

Does world.com actually trade with domain names or are they scammers with a well-designed site?

I was hoping to find people here that can answer these questions. For some reason, the replies didn't adress this directly, if at all.

Maybe my question seems too dumb to be taken seriously. If so, my bad.

Random_Noob

Level 1
Reaction score
Its technically a domaining site selling domain names.

In my opinion it has arguably the best domain name ever created.

Thanks, have you ever done business with them?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, have you ever done business with them?
Most people here don’t have the caliber of domain names that World.com has so no, most people don’t do business with them, but from all indications it is a legitimate business that holds top notch domain names.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How would that help me to learn whether the domain is for sale by world.com?
Hi

since we don't know the domain, then it could be for sale by world.com as the broker or by the actual owner of the domain.
so, if you went to the webpage, you might find more info.

if you don't know us, then how could you take our word,
that they are legitimate and are the owners of or have permission to broker, name in question?

the investigation starts with the url.

still...

i found an old thread, which may help validate the legitimacy of world.com

imo...

Random_Noob

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

since we don't know the domain, then it could be for sale by world.com as the broker or by the actual owner of the domain.
so, if you went to the webpage, you might find more info.

if you don't know us, then how could you take our word,
that they are legitimate and are the owners of or have permission to broker, name in question?

the investigation starts with the url.

still...

i found an old thread, which may help validate the legitimacy of world.com

imo...
Thank you, I found this as well before writing here.

When I researched world.com, I found almost no 3rd party information about them. That's why I'm looking for answers here.

While I don't know you, you're still a 3rd party. The domain I might buy is not online, so the only thing I have is the whois information.

Asking in a forum like this is only part of my research. Thank you very much for your patience and for making the time to reply.

Random_Noob

Level 1
Reaction score
Most people here don’t have the caliber of domain names that World.com has so no, most people don’t do business with them, but from all indications it is a legitimate business that holds top notch domain names.
Thank you very much!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I found this as well before writing here.

When I researched world.com, I found almost no 3rd party information about them. That's why I'm looking for answers here.

While I don't know you, you're still a 3rd party. The domain I might buy is not online, so the only thing I have is the whois information.

Asking in a forum like this is only part of my research. Thank you very much for your patience and for making the time to reply.
You could also try using godaddy broker services to buy the name.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom