• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

large $ sales...escrow or paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesticker

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
how do you guys handle large dollar sales over lets say $400
do you use escrow? paypal?
do you have any dollar system for payments over.$xxx
thanks
daryl
 
Funny, I'm asking that exact question. So far PayPal is winning, but I didn't define what a "large transaction" was. Someone might do PayPal for a $1,000 deal, but use something like escrow.com for $10k transactions. Personally, I think it depends on who you're dealing with. Do they have a good trader rating on DNforum? Have you dealt with them previously?
 
Depending on the person, I do sales $1000 or less with paypal, larger sales with escrow.
 
$500 or less with paypal,anything higher escrow but depending on how much you can afford to lose is probably the right answer as 1k might be a lot to me but nothing to someone else !
 
depends entirely on who i'm dealing with. if it's someone i know well, i'd do any size transaction on paypal, otherwise i use escrow over $1000.

escrow.com isn't exactly 100% safe either.. if you're nervous, use the escrow services of a registered law firm.
 
If I know the buyer, I use Paypal up to $2000

Otherwise, Escrow for anything over $1000
 
for some reason im not too easy on the idea of doing a transaction over $1,000 through paypal.. Highest ive done through paypal was $800
 
like others have said, it depends on whom your dealing with!

for those who i have established positive business relationships with, there is no limit via paypal!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom