Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Live auction decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are alreday several weeks that live auction continue its negative trend.

There have been just a few weeks of initial enthusiasm but then things started slowing down quickly.

My very personal and modest opinion is that, as it is, the live auction is going to die definitely in very few weeks more being no longer a convenient option for both sellers and buyers.

I sincerely do not know if there is a good solution, others pointed out that, probably, the system itself is not the best one to facilitate the buyer-seller match and their points are good ones.

However I would give to live auction a chance more, changing the actual format.

My personal and modest suggestions are:

1) Publicize a bit more the auction inviting buyers to check out the auction list.

2) Eliminate starting price changing it to reserve price.

3) Inivite sellers to list their names as soon as possible and invite buyers to place proxy bids on the names of their interest no matter if the bids are under the reserve price.
(I would suggest that actual number of bids received by each name and maybe actual highest bid too are showed on the list.)

4) On Friday afternoon proxy bidding is closed and only the names who received at least one bid will be sorted randomly and placed on live auction on following Sunday.

5) Live auction starting price for each name would be higher bid.

6) If on live auction the price do not reach the reserve the seller will be then free to contact higher bidder/s to try in find an agreement.

I am absolutely not sure it would work and almost sure that there are better options .

Thanks,

Upvote 0

xenon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey i dont get it i have posted my domains in my thingy down my post and i dont think i am selling it at an expensive price then why doesnt any one buy them ?

Domain Summit 2024

carmonle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The time the auction takes place is not convenient for people living in Europe and Asia.

Eran

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The time the auction takes place is not convenient for people living in Europe and Asia.

Eran

Good Point ERAN - I have said that before - Sunday Night is a family night for some of us - The time is also a problem for you I am sure - Steve

carmonle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me in Israel it is sleeping time when the auction takes place.

Eran

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in favor of a late morning/early afternoon weekday auction (US time). There's usually 100 people online from all over the world at that time anyway. Sunday nights people should be taking a day off from work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom