• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Low life scum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
4,063
Reaction score
23
It was bound to happen. The media coined the phrase "college Columbine"; the .com was registered within hours.
 
I believe at lest one of those auctions is from a DNFer who was promoting it here yesterday.

Absolutely pathetic but not surprising one bit - happens with every event now.

I hope the media picks-up on that story and makes an example of them.
 
I submitted 17 complaints on those auctions last night, and most of them were pulled, there are still 3 left that I just submitted, leaving 1 memorial specific domain.
 
These types of registrations and the attempt to profit from them does nothing but give domainers a bad reputation in the public eye.

It's bad enough that the media reports an increasing number of stories about cybersquatting, which often include a mistaken definition of what a cybersquatter is ("anyone who profits from buying and selling domain names"), but now we'll be seeing stories about this trend of registering domains like these and selling them on domain forums and online auctions.

I'm sure we'll soon be seeing media stories bashing DNF and other domain forums very soon because of this trend.
 
Ebay is shutting them down.

It's easy to report them. (Thanks, Raidergirl):
(The more people who report, the faster they will be removed.)

If any of you have a ebay account and want to report, go to any one of the auctions and scroll to the bottom,

Click on "Report this Item"

Selecting a topic

Step 0 > Make a list of all the auction numbers.
Step 1 > Prohibited (banned items)
Step 2 > Offensive and potentially offensive items
Step 3 > Items produced by or linked to disastrous or tragic events

Click "continue" then click "email us" and enter auction numbers 10 at a time.
 
Dan was the original founder of DNF who sold it to Fearless about 5 yrs ago. Possibly Dan is upset he sold it for such a low price and is trying to make up for that low price sale by selling a domain based on the VT shootings?

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=222468

I don't think Dan is "upset", in fact he was quite happy he made $5k out of it. But as far as maturity goes, he's still as old as he was 5 years ago.
 

agreed.......pure scum :upset:
there must be dozens of these freaks on ebay trying to peddle this garbage
saw today, makes me sick
 
In several of these domain auctions, a "shipping fee" will be added to the winning bid.

Shipping fee???

Umm.... exactly how does one ship a domain name via Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service?
 
I'm reporting them as I see them, everytime ebay pulls one, another one pops up. These dirt bags will never learn, I'm afraid there going to try to sell there worthless investment on some other venue.
 
Every single TLD of the shooter's name has been taken. I mean EVERY single tld.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom