Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

managed hosting... who's the best?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i know about verio, rackspace and a few others... but who is the best? who offers the most value and the best service overall?!

thanks! :)

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
i know about verio, rackspace and a few others... but who is the best? who offers the most value and the best service overall?!

thanks! :)

Mike

I'm grateful to you for posing this question, it is something that I too want to get a better idea on. Currently I use Clook, the service is excellent, but it is very expensive if you want to have dedicated servers.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am very happy with Atjeu's service. http://www.atjeu.com/

Whenever I report a problem via their Trouble Ticket system, they generally start working on it within 15-20 minutes, even in the middle of the night.

If you choose them, I recommend that you pay a little more to get a second hard disk put into your server, and also to rent off-server backup space. That way, you have two independent backups if something happens to your main hard disk...

Overall, I'm paying under $400 a month for a fast server with 128 IP addresses and upto 1.2TB (yes, 1,200GB) of data transfer a month.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use cihost.com and have used them for years. Yesterday I bought my 3rd dedicted server (Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 2x120 GB IDE w/ RAID 1, 3000GB xfer (fully burstable), 128 IPs) for $219/month.

These guys do not resell for someone else, it is truly a top level host. There is full time 24X7X365 live support, dedicated support telephone lines for the high end clients (those with dedicated servers).

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
never used cihost.com but heard lots of horror stories with them.

I have 4 servers with ThePlanet and quite happy with them.

Now looking for 100Mbps Unlimited Bandwidth (~26000G) servers. Anybody know any good companies offering good rates for 100Mbps servers?

The only problem I have ever had with them are spam complaints. They are very intolerant.

Here is somehing I just copied from the current Crazy Deals from CI Host:

Unix Dedicated Unmetered #2
Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 2x250 GB IDE w/ RAID 1, 100Mbps Ethernet UNMETERED (~26000GB monthly transfer), 256 IPs $399 [setup] $599 [monthly]

I wouldn't know if that's a good deal for the unmetetered 100Mbps, but that is their current offer.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You might want to try Fastservers.net.. I was going to use them when I was going to put up a big network of sites and all that good stuff, but I put that on hold.

You can get a fully managed server for a good small price and they are very reliable. From what I've heard.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally for the price I would get yourself a nice server at TP or SM and go with a 3rd party management company like accunett.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Personally for the price I would get yourself a nice server at TP or SM and go with a 3rd party management company like accunett.

the planet is the parent company of servermatrix.

and i agree.. servermatrix is one of the best all around dedicated server providers... decent prices and excellent service. i've been with em for a long time now and have had many servers... highly recommended'

Daniel Christy

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Recently finestshops hosting provider is doing hosting with my e-commerce website , and they are providing excellent work at very affordable plans.I highly recommend them for Managed hosting.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators