• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Merchant Accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
1
I'm looking to put on into my site. I want to hear from others what are some good services out there. Have any of you used one before and liked it?
Let me know.
 
There are a number of different ones that you can use.

3rd party accounts

and

1st party

===========

3rd party = Paypal, 2CO, Egold, etc

1st party = BluePay.com , Authorize.net, Linkpoint.com (3 major ones right there)

and then there are some other ones.

Each Merchant account you have needs to have its own gateway. Most of the time you get charged for both of them. A "gateway" fee, and then a "statement" fee.

You will have to pay a transaction fee for every time you run a card plus a percentage of the total transaction.

In order to get one you will need decent credit or have proof of having one previously.

Was there anything specific you needed to know?
 
Authorize.net is a good gateway imo. As far as providers, I suppose it depends on what you are processing and how much volume.
 
I'm looking into 1st party. I want to be able to process credit cards on my site, and not redirect to another site for that, like paypal, 2checkout.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom