• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Milliondollarhomepage Page Rank skyrockets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
865
Reaction score
0
I just checked milliondollarhomepage dot com after the PR update. Looks like it exploded up to a PR 7.

Very impressive given the short time that this Web site has been live.
 
PR0 - PR7 in one update - must be the biggest Pagerank jump by a non-corporate-owned site ever. So jealous!
 
the owner was on uk morning tv this morning. he says he's got other plans ready for when the home page gets filled up, but i really dont see how he can capitalise any further. once all the pixels are sold and the hype has died down how many people do you think will really be visiting the site every day.
 
I think he will have a short burst when it's full. It will be international news and I think he has another moment to capitalize. Also he can sell other ads on the page. Just that all pixels will be taken. Heck...just making the million should be enough to make any of us very jealous. Lucky guy.
 
He's already capitalising by having a newsletter signup. He apparently has upto 100,000 daily visitors - if just 0.1% sign up for the newsletter he's adding 100 subscribers a day and presumably that will continue at a reduced rate for the whole life of the site. A few months from now (whenever the millionth pixel gets sold) he could be sitting on a mailing list of tens of thousands.

Plus he'll get one massive burst of free publicity for whatever his next idea is just by going back to all the media contacts he's made, and saying "Hi, I'm the guy who made $1 in X months out of nothing - and I've got an even BETTER idea..."
 
All very good points.
Others may call him lucky, or a sham, but his timing and execution were and continue to be spot on. Things will slow down eventually. But my bet is that he will meet his goal within the next 3 months.

Edwin said:
He's already capitalising by having a newsletter signup. He apparently has upto 100,000 daily visitors - if just 0.1% sign up for the newsletter he's adding 100 subscribers a day and presumably that will continue at a reduced rate for the whole life of the site. A few months from now (whenever the millionth pixel gets sold) he could be sitting on a mailing list of tens of thousands.

Plus he'll get one massive burst of free publicity for whatever his next idea is just by going back to all the media contacts he's made, and saying "Hi, I'm the guy who made $1 in X months out of nothing - and I've got an even BETTER idea..."
 
do you guys think it's worth $100 to get a link from a pr 7 site?
 
linkdomain said:
do you guys think it's worth $100 to get a link from a pr 7 site?
Definitely but of course it'll depend on a few factors, length of time the link will be up; ability of the search engines to capture the link (which is what I'm not sure of when it comes to placing a pixel ad - can anyone explain whether or not a pixel ad is a good way to have your site picked up on the search engines. What can I say, I'm still tryin to learn :emba: ), etc.
 
Here's the real million-dollar question (forgive the pun): what will the PR be if he hits the $1 million target and the world's media go into a frenzy?
 
Glad I got all the good typos of this site! lol
 
martialtiger said:
Definitely but of course it'll depend on a few factors, length of time the link will be up; ability of the search engines to capture the link (which is what I'm not sure of when it comes to placing a pixel ad - can anyone explain whether or not a pixel ad is a good way to have your site picked up on the search engines. What can I say, I'm still tryin to learn :emba: ), etc.
The short answer is no. I placed a 1 pixel link on a PR8 corporate site that I worked on over 4 months ago, and to this day not one single spider has followed the link. That doesn't mean that a perminate link on a highly popular site is a bad thing, if users are visiting and clicking, just that it won't help your search engine placement any...
 
Mocus said:
Glad I got all the good typos of this site! lol

Could you give us a hint how well the typos do?
 
I make about $3 a day on the Millon variant.
 
i got a site that i put in the net on october 11th and it just got a rank of pr4. thats not too shabby for a few weeks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom