• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

My own domainshark story

Status
Not open for further replies.

mambo

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Hi all, i just joined in today, this community seems pretty serious!

SO, you all know the biz of registering domains that resemble the real venture name, i am the main leader of a big project for a client, we had coveredge on cnn, bbc etc.

So some days ago i get this e-mail, lol, and yes, its from a domainshark, he/she told me that three domain names, a little resembling to the venture name (she told me the url`s, but i wont post them here) and she was selling them.

Also in the e-mail was a note about the person already having a lot of interested people in buying the names, so we better hurry! The person wanted around 30.000 dollars for each name to.

The situation is not good, but i cant help smiling a little, was a nice try though!
 
Yeah i know m8, thanks for the tip, but i do not think the matter should get so serious, to much paperwork probobly
 
If it's an obvious violation of your Trademark you will win the WIPO and that will cost the current owner a lot of money.
I suggest you ask him to give him the domain and if not you can always do WIPO.
 
mambo said:
Hi all, i just joined in today, this community seems pretty serious

When you have to forego all those island paradise vacations to Bora Bora just to scrimp enough money to buy those freakingly stupid semantic plays on some insane digital computations on the root server based on some stupid seller's fantasy definition of his Bora Bora vacation (thank god for new extensions), I'm sure this notion of seriousness does cross the mind once in a while.

This industry (in some quarters) is fueled by some mind-blowing drugs not a rationalised approach of the new Internet age, IMHO.
 
mole said:
When you have to forego all those island paradise vacations to Bora Bora just to scrimp enough money to buy those freakingly stupid semantic plays on some insane digital computations on the root server based on some stupid seller's fantasy definition of his Bora Bora vacation (thank god for new extensions), I'm sure this notion of seriousness does cross the mind once in a while.

This industry (in some quarters) is fueled by some mind-blowing drugs not a rationalised approach of the new Internet age, IMHO.


wow, you have one remarkable mind it seems, keep thoose psychadelic replies comming!

Btw, you can use internet cafees in ibitza, for money issues, work harder.
 
In those cases I like to string along the seller and let them think I am buying their crap for gold. Just like reverse-hijacking but it's like reverse-nigerian-scam. It can be fun. :-)
 
labrocca said:
In those cases I like to string along the seller and let them think I am buying their crap for gold. Just like reverse-hijacking but it's like reverse-nigerian-scam. It can be fun. :-)

Reverse-Nigerian scam... LOL... I can picture it now...

"Yes, I would very much like to buy this domain name from you for the agreed-upon price of $30K. Of course, for this type of large transaction I must ask you to cover my fund transfer costs and other essential fees and miscellaneous expenses prior to the transaction taking place. Therefore, please send $5,000 to me via Western Union and upon receipt of the funds I will then be able to initiate the purchase of this domain name from you for $30,000."

I wonder if this has actually ever happened to anyone? :cheeky:
 
lol, how funny would that be indeed scam the scammer


rofl
 
I really love mole btw...have I said that b4?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom