• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

My Statement about sales ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

duceman

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
335
Reaction score
9
Ok guy's and gal's, Just because you put "premium domain for sale" does not make your domain premium. IMO, if you add premium to a sales thread and you know that your domain is not premium, you are either lying, or false advertising.

From my experience a domain is not premium if.

  • The domain is a type-o
  • Longer than 17 letters
  • Word order is not correct
  • Has a plural word where the plural would not be used
  • Hyphenated ( come on guy's) :rolleyes:
  • LLL's with z,x,u,q,y,j,w,k ( with some exceptions)
  • "Brandable" (code for no traffic)

These are just my opinions and some may differ

cheers
Kerry
 
also for these domains stop using the titles with TOP , GREAT , RARE , QUALITY , this is NOT ebay.
 
Thanks for your opinion Duceman...I think Im going to be able to sleep better tonight knowing this. ;)
 
Thanks for your opinion Duceman...I think Im going to be able to sleep better tonight knowing this. ;)

I know that it was a :rant:. But this morning I was doing my usual browse through the sales threads and all I saw was "premium name" and then I :mad2:

I'm all better now. :brushteeth:
 
'Premium' is a worn-out word on domain forums.
Good domains do not normally speak for themselves and need a lot of sales speech.
I have nearly stopped reading threads with 'premium' in the title :greensleepw:
 
There are very few 'premium' domain name sold here, if it's that good it would be sold where lots of people see them.

I have seen some here though, and most likely they just wanted a fast trouble free sale. But most are not that good, and you best check the spelling. A few even look like scam domains even, but mostly people just want to sell there domain cheap and fast here.
 
At least there aren't many people who put the WRONG domain in the title.

i.e. ONE OF A KIND: REALTOR.COM! when in actuality the domain is MYR3ALT0R.COM

I see that on eBay all the time and nobody seems to stop it. It's very annoying though. I'm sure we can all agree on that. :-D
 
Or price them at 100,000,000,000,000,00, like on ebay I see that way to much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom