Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

New item suggestion for Reward Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add a new item (1,000 DNF bucks sounds about right) which is essentially a "Change my username" item.

In other words, we spend 1,000 DNF bucks and greg spends a minute in the vBulletin control panel editing our username in return.

I'd pay in a second!

Upvote 0

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I second Genki's suggestion. Creating another handle will lose avatar, glow, etc, plus people don't want to start at 0 post as a newbie :).

This will also increase the value of DNF bucks IMO :D.

M

mortario

I don't need it right now but I can see the need in the future :D

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've said this before a while ago, but I think there should be a bunch of levels of different stars or something. You would have to buy each start to progress to the next level. Another thing, maybe there could be an upgrade to the avatar to make it larger. Oh, and maybe a way to put some kind of image in our signature?.

Oh I got an idea. If Greg starts putting domains forsale on the front page of the forum, you could buy a position for your own domain with dnbucks.

RMF

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about A Bank for us ?
You may need this DOC. :D

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I've said this before a while ago, but I think there should be a bunch of levels of different stars or something. You would have to buy each start to progress to the next level. Another thing, maybe there could be an upgrade to the avatar to make it larger. Oh, and maybe a way to put some kind of image in our signature?.

Oh I got an idea. If Greg starts putting domains forsale on the front page of the forum, you could buy a position for your own domain with dnbucks.

RMF

i added this hack to my old footie forum

but it was a star for every 1000 posts or so

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
On other forums I just ask the admin or one of the moderators - takes them 5 minutes in most cases if they are online. On WHT I just ask Chicken and consider it changed.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genki
Would it be possible to add a new item (1,000 DNF bucks sounds about right) which is essentially a "Change my username" item.

In other words, we spend 1,000 DNF bucks and greg spends a minute in the vBulletin control panel editing our username in return.

I'd pay in a second!

This used to be available when Dan had the forum. I am not sure if the software was upgraded and that is no longer available or Gregr disabled it. . .

I know WHOIS-SEARCH changed his name once :D

The previous price was 600 DNF.

-Bob

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Changeing a user ID (handle) is very easy with vB - one click really, and if you need help I'll ask some of my vB hosted admins to help out -3 of them are vB hack writers and mods ;)

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can see both positives and negatives with this.

I really think this shouldnt be an option due to one main reason.

Many a poeple visit the forum for all sorts of reasons and may get a response or 2. They only remember the person they got it from.

I myself have scratched my head when thinking about "now who sent that reply" only after I deleted my inbox LOL

the best username is always your first guys / gals :)

Mike

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Oh I got an idea. If Greg starts putting domains forsale on the front page of the forum, you could buy a position for your own domain with dnbucks."

Yah? Is Greg going to begin putting "Domains for sale" on the front page?? I hadn't heard this before. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener