Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New registration difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a bug in the site software or whether age has caught up with me!
Having eventually managed to get a registration email (delay due to combination of security measures by DN Forum Admin and email problems with me) I changed my email address in the edit profile section to deal with my email address problem.
Having changed my email address it said it would email confirmation link (expected) but it didn't. In an effort to get back in I entered the login screen and requested password reset. Following that procedure (using the ammended email address) got me back in again.
Had I not done that (and there were no instructions to do so) I would still be "outside" pestering Admin with emails.
So to quote a well known UK Radio presenter "Is it me?" or is it the software?

Upvote 0

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Roger. It's definitely you! :D

Seriously though - we are going through so many major changes here - that there are some things that may not be quite right yet - but rest assured we are working on them - and they will all be taken care of.

Thank you for a smooth (private sale) transaction yesterday - and welcome to the forum. :)

Domain Summit 2024

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Nick.
I think security for the members is paramount so although I've felt frustrated by the system it is a good sign.
On my first day with another forum I exposed a scam artist who was selling domains that he didn't own - we can do without that sort.
I look forward to picking up some good domains and advice along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators