• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Pre-registering .EU domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmusch

Level 3
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work? Is this on a first come first served basis? If you don't get the domain, do you get your money back? Also at whois.eu there's a section for "Documents received", wich are all blank on the domains I checked. Exactly wich documents are they?

Thanks for any input.
 
Jarmusch said:
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work?

It means you can still be a clueless fool and pay Godaddy to preregister these domains for you, so when and if those TM applications "fail" (<yeah right) you might be able to get them provided GD is faster to them than potentially hundreds of other registrars and thousands of other speculators.

Preregistering names is a sure way to give away your hard earned money to those who know better. :laugh:
 
sasquatch said:
It means you can still be a clueless fool and pay Godaddy to preregister these domains for you, so when and if those TM applications "fail" (<yeah right) you might be able to get them provided GD is faster to them than potentially hundreds of other registrars and thousands of other speculators.

Preregistering names is a sure way to give away your hard earned money to those who know better. :laugh:
I went for generic adult names mostly (no TM), I checked and almost all don't have any applications yet. With some luck I'll get a few domains at least out of this scam.
 
Jarmusch said:
I went for generic adult names mostly (no TM), I checked and almost all don't have any applications yet. With some luck I'll get a few domains at least out of this scam.
I wish you too...
But you'll better keep your foot on the earth.
Before 7th of April, there will be SUNRISE II period, which will let more potential candidates to apply for domain names. In fact, all those who have a legal interrest into the domain name they apply. For example, your company name is SEX EU LLC and you'll be eligible , of course if you paid the fee, to be added in the list.
At this point the rule "fisrt come, first server" will apply combined with send of official document.
As far as i see, how people was already able to fool the trademarks process, i am wondering how they will be able to fool the SUNRISE II period.
But what i am sure is, after SUNRISE II not many more valuable .eu would be available for registration on 7th of April.
In this business, Money rules.
 
Holy crap what is up with the image in your sig? It makes the page like 100 times as long.
 
Jarmusch said:
Hi,

I registered a few .eu domains through GoDaddy, but now I'm noticing that some domains that GoDaddy says are available actually have a few applications at ttp://www.whois.eu How does this work?

its the opposite in my case, domains that shows up as not avalable at GD, shows up being avalable at www.whois.eu

8-)g
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom