• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Protecting Data on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooga

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I have as of this day never experienced any major problems with my data should it be viruses, attacks or hard-disc failure. Today, I got infected with a Trojan which made me jump to conclusions about the integrity and safety of my data…

It has only really struck me today that files stored on my pc are vital to my personal and business life and that if this data were to fall in the wrong hands or be lost due to a virus it would be disastrous…

I am posting this thread to hear your thoughts on the matter and find out how various members here protect their data.

Personally I have just bought a software allowing me to encrypt data placing them in a vault, them being safe (I hope) anytime I am away from my machine or transferring files from one PC to another…

This leads to my question: how do you protect your data? Is your data encrypted? How do you protect your data from attacks? What is your backup procedure and what would you say is the best way to backup data? How do you make sure that your e-mails and confidential information can only be read by you only?

I am hoping that with your answers it can help me out figure a way to keep my data secure!!

Sam
 
I just don't download anything or install anything unless I purchase it so I know its clean. Don't open any emails you don't recognize. Install an antivirus program and make sure to have a firewall installed. Use common sense when browsing the internet not to go to sites you know are infected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom