• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Psychology and domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdGin

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
2
I was thinking about this since a few days ago....And wanted to share this with you and want to know what do you think about.

Can we know better the personalities of the domainers knowing their list of domains their have? I mean...some of us register certain types of domains or look domains or choose them in relation of our experiences and feelings...

Maybe the psychologists could now have another way to know the personalities of their patiences?

What do you think?
 
I think you can tell alot about a person from their avatar

Avatar analysis, now thats a can of worms :)
 
I think you can tell alot about a person from their avatar

Avatar analysis, now thats a can of worms :)

Well...if that´s right...both of us are lost cases! :lol:
 
You make a good point, I think it's very much the case
 
I think the domainer's name may be closer to his/her profession than personality. i.e. I own a lot of scientific research keywords, which people email me using my Whois email address with offers.
 
perhaps both their personality and professions would have to do with the names that they get. As for Avatars? i dont know about that. i have a cat, but i have "0" domains that have to do with cats.
 
I was thinking about this since a few days ago....And wanted to share this with you and want to know what do you think about.

Can we know better the personalities of the domainers knowing their list of domains their have? I mean...some of us register certain types of domains or look domains or choose them in relation of our experiences and feelings...

Maybe the psychologists could now have another way to know the personalities of their patiences?

What do you think?

I'm in trouble then, look at my sig ! LOL (i have xxxx more though ;) )

I think you can tell alot about a person from their avatar

Avatar analysis, now thats a can of worms :)

The less said the better! LOL :lol:
 
perhaps both their personality and professions would have to do with the names that they get. As for Avatars? i dont know about that. i have a cat, but i have "0" domains that have to do with cats.
Yeah, and I don't have any domain about spongebob squarepant neither.
 
no no no=- sorry- no.

up until the last few days i had certain respect for certain domainers who seemed to have a wonderful diverse portfolio- smart names- then, i saw how they acted in the thread with the angel thing- and to be honest with you, names, avatar- none of it showed what they were really made of.

which is kinda sucky now ;-(
 
which angel thread dudette? my avatar would imply i am a 13 yr old kid that plays street fighter, which i am not
 
the one in the gold forum- blah- i went into to chat tonight- to talk about, i dont know- domains? and it was the angel thread-
blah ;-( left without getting my chat fix in for the night
 
I doubt a serious analysis, much less a conclusion can be had by examining avatar icons and monikers.
But I am sure they have *someth9ng* to do with what the person likes. :-)
Mine is obvious, I seek domains... lol
I seek to buy them, I seek to sell them, I seek to develop them, heck I seek to do anaything with them, and eventually, I'll find.
:-)
 
There is a correlation between these things, except for the fact that their is the investment issue, which definitely dilutes the correlation.
 
I am sure there is some strong psychology factors and one tend to allways like or search for the same type of domains.

I remember this story:

I contacted this past year 5 times the same owner about a domain I wanted to buy.
Each time without remember I already asked and that he already responded me the domain was not for sale but for lease.
It was dramatic, the 2 last times the owner really thought I was joking and his response was rude (and I understand), but it was not the case.
To be honnest today I do no longer remember what was this domain name. So maybe next week or within few months I will ask again.
What a shame!!!

Not so many times, but it's no rare I ask a pair of times to buy the same domain name within a short period time.
So yes we have some sort of preformated mind, or I am losting the memory: It's terrible, grrr....

...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom