Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

question on iframes - can they be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you use them in ppc campaigns?

for example, if i have a website at xyz-rubbish-slfkdjlk.com that sells widgets, and i want to run ppc campaigns for widgets, and i also own the domain awesomewidgets.com, could i embed the content from the first domain into an iframe of the second so that i can use the stronger keyword domain in the ppc ad?

hope this makes sense. is this possible to do or is this not allowed?

im not trying to suggest some kind of bait and switch scheme here. the purpose would be simply to use the stronger domain name to appear in the ad to hopefully raise the click thru rate.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Assuming no spamming is going on...as long as you don't redirect the user to another page you will be fine.

All the search engines care about when it comes to PPC are attempts to "trick" the user into clicking something that isn't what they initially thought it was. (This is the reason that destination URLs now have to have the same root URL - this wasn't the case approx 2 yrs ago)

I don't think you'd have a problem even if you were to use multiple display/destination domains/URLs that have the same content on a static 1 page lander. In fact, may be a good CTR or CVR test to build a case study on... ;)

Hope that helps!

-Midgetlov

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Midgetlov, thanks for the reply! i was thinking this would be okay. nothing redirects, just embedding the content from a crappy domain onto a generic one. this should improve click thru as you said. someone has already done a white paper on this im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators