Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed RETAIL.biz

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you think? :) There are about 20 000 domains for sale with "retail" and about 11 million hits at Google.

some additional domains

teenhardcore.biz ( there's a working paysite under .com)

sex-xxx.biz
( as a traffic "fisher". Contains web's most most popular words. Search engine friendly because a dash is between sex and xxx)

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

You might find this quote from the .biz FAQ interesting:

Registering a domain name solely for the purposes of (1) selling, trading or leasing the domain name for compensation, or (2) the unsolicited offering to sell, trade or lease the domain name for compensation does not constitute a "bona fide business or commercial use" of that domain name.
Further
Registry Operator RESERVES the right to deny, CANCEL or transfer ANY registration that it deems necessary, in its discretion; (1) to protect the integrity and stability of the registry; ... (4) for violations of this Agreement and its Exhibits;

Now I'm not saying that you are just trying to resell .biz domain names, but it will be interesting to see if the Registry follows up with it's position that these names were not to be purchased by speculators simply for resall - that they needed to be purchased for a bona fide business...

-t

Great name!
Sell it fast.
My appraisal: $500 in the resellers market or $3,000+ as name value for development.

Good luck!

J

jimb

I bet you could get alot for retail.biz, in the upwards of $1,000 maybe even more. As the .biz domains become more popular, you will be able to see alot higher bids.

Jim

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know that rule. But I'm not selling or leasing anything, just trying to get knowledge of it's value.

Does anybody know of any noteworthy ($5k+) sales in the .biz tld?

J

jimb

Originally posted by safesys
Does anybody know of any noteworthy ($5k+) sales in the .biz tld?

Are you allowed to sell .biz domains? I mean, it could be that people arent selling these, cause they cant.

Although, im not too sure.

Jim

Originally posted by jimb

Are you allowed to sell .biz domains? I mean, it could be that people arent selling these, cause they cant.

Although, im not too sure.

Jim

It doesn't seem to have stopped people *trying* to sell them.

I can't see how they could stop people changing ownership on domains (for example companies change trading names) - so if you wanted to sell, I can't see how they could really stop you.

J

jimb

i guess your right, no one can tell you not to sell them.

Jim

They can tell you not to reg "only" to resell. But they can't really stop you from reselling if, for example, you change company name etc.

Worst case, you registrants could sell a "shell" company with each name they sell.

There are always ways around any terms - the registry know this, which is why they won't rock the boat with trying to enforce the unenforceable.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that Neulevel, or whatever it's, is only harming itself when forbidding so-called "speculators". It wasn't the bona fide business that made ie. dot-cc and dot-ws familiar to us.

The most interesting .biz are freezed for 30 days. It could be the reason why here are no 5k sales yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators