Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Scope for .ca TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebetaguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the .ca domain scene. Just by chance, I was browsing through SnapNames drop list and noticed some good keywords .ca names dropping.

What is the scene for .ca domain in Canada right now.? Are they popular? Easy to re-sell?

Why are such good names dropping?

Thanks,
Prakhar

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the .ca domain scene. Just by chance, I was browsing through SnapNames drop list and noticed some good keywords .ca names dropping.

What is the scene for .ca domain in Canada right now.? Are they popular? Easy to re-sell?

Why are such good names dropping?

Thanks,
Prakhar

The market hasn't matured yet, so I would recommend holding onto very good ones and awaiting offers.

Now, Snapnames does no do TBR. CIRA (Canadian Internet Registration Authority), who oversees the .ca registry, publishes a list of licensed registrars. Out of which, most offer TBR.

The most popular ones include Pool.com, Sibername.com, MyID.ca, 10dollar.ca, and Burmac (dot-ca-registry.ca).

Now, if you are in India, this presents a problem. As you need to be a Canadian citizen, or represent a corporation incorporated within Canada in order to own a .ca domain name.

At the very least you need an address within Canada. But don't kid yourself that any domains you get and don't own within CIRA's regulations can be taken away from you.

Are you a citizen of the country and/or run a corporation within it?

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please refer to .ca ownership rules, in regards to the US population, Canada has 1/10th of the population, so it can often be hard to find end users and can take some serious holding time to find the right buyer for your domain given pricing conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators