• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

SEDO auction won and domain undelivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
833
Reaction score
10
I won a SEDO auction +5 weeks ago

clasificados.mobi

The purchased domain has still not be transfered to me.

SEDO is saying the domain owner still not give them the EPP code.
But what I noticed is that the owner of this dot mobi name now put the domain under WHOIS privacy.
For me that the owner have change his mind and no longer want to sell.
That look likes logical, no?

I guess the owner is probably an NP member as they are so addict to dot mobi.

The question is:

Should not SEDO cancel the sale and refund me, or does it make sense to still be waitting?

...
 
I won a SEDO auction +5 weeks ago

clasificados.mobi

The purchased domain has still not be transfered to me.

SEDO is saying the domain owner still not give them the EPP code.
But what I noticed is that the owner of this dot mobi name now put the domain under WHOIS privacy.
For me that the owner have change his mind and no longer want to sell.
That look likes logical, no?

I guess the owner is probably an NP member as they are so addict to dot mobi.

The question is:

Should not SEDO cancel the sale and refund me, or does it make sense to still be waitting?

...

lol at the bolded comment...

and yes, SEDO should be giving your maoney back. I'd be raising hell by now if that were me.
 
theyll probably try and drag it out as long as possible though, theyre getting the interest from your money.
 
I am wondering if SEDO punish these sellers that are not correct?
 
Call Sedo up. Ask for a 48 hour resolution window after which you get your money back. Ask for the seller's info. Press charges for breach of contract.
 
I have access to whois history via domaintools if you are interested.
Information as of 2007-03-16 shows the domain registered to an Argentinian person.
 
Yep, your guy is domains [at] wiroos [dot] com
 
Only 5 weeks? Hey, that's not bad for Sedo.
 
I've been dealing with some transactions there that have gone over 5 weeks for various reasons.

I'd check their TOS though, I'm sure there is some time/cut-off point to where you can request your money back due to a failed transaction.
 
theyll probably try and drag it out as long as possible though, theyre getting the interest from your money.

This seems to be such a common practice for so many companies, dragging out a deal to earn interest on the funds. I wonder if they know how much damage this does to their credibility and repeat business.
 
Yes, it is breach of contract, and as such they will provide the seller's info if you ask. Also make sure Sedo commits to closing their account (so the rest of us won't have to repeat the experience).
 
Yes thanks, I idientified the scammer thanks to DomainTools.com

It's a guy from Argentina:

Registrant Name:Matias Botbol
Registrant Organization:WIROOS G.S. ARGENTINA
Registrant Street1:Amenabar 1673 5to B
Registrant City:Buenos Aires
Registrant Postal Code:1426
Registrant Country:AR
Registrant Phone:+54.1163236688
Registrant Email:[email protected]

I am wondering if its a DNF member, if you know him please let me know

...
 
I understand your frustration and believe me, I wish there was something we could do about it. I have bitched and raised hell and it falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.

I am repeatedly told there is nothing they can do.

When I win an auction, I pay promptly. Sorry, Cybertonic. When I said this is the norm, here are my recent purchases. Please pay particular attention to the beginning and end date.

02/05/07 Agreement reached
03/13/07 This transfer has been successfully completed!

01/18/07 Agreement reached
02/22/07 This transfer has been successfully completed!

11/22/06 Agreement reached
12/29/06 This transfer has been successfully completed!

11/01/06 Agreement reached
11/20/06 This transfer has been successfully completed!
(A record for me. This person must have been let go for not following company policy to delay transfer and payment to the seller)

08/25/06 Agreement reached
11/07/06 This transfer has been successfully completed!
(And yet...another record! More than 2 months! And people wonder why I might get pissed off and upset sometimes)

These are just recent purchases. Don't get me started on a sales thread. Like the sale completed on 9th of the month.

I think the verifying bidder process goes something like this..."wow, you want to bid? Sure...go ahead!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom