Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Visitor Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had about half a dozen domains parked over at Sedo, and according to Sedo's tracking they were each getting about 30+ visitors a month [for many months straight]. I finally forwarded these domains to a tracking page that I setup about a month ago, and none of these domains get any traffic at all, not one visitor.

Is Sedo tracking bot visitors? Anyone else have a similar experience, or explanation?

Domain Summit 2024

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is something wrong with the tracker itself? If anything, it should be the other way around. Sedo always counts less than you would at your webhost. And completely 0 is strange. Didn't you visit atleast once? It should've recorded atleast 1 visitor.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm using RealTracker, and thus far haven't had any visitor recording reliability issues with it at all [been using it for about 4 years]. It is tracking my own visits to these sites, despite not showing any other visitors. I even had a couple of friends land on the domains, just to make sure the tracking was working, no problems there.

I now have all of the domains parked over at Domain Sponsor [they've been there for about a week now], and they are not recording any visitors either for the domains [again, except for my own visits].

According to Sedo, this mystery traffic was fairly diversified, coming in from numerous different countries, etc., and doing so consistently. The traffic was also diversified domain to domain, there are no parallels that I can identify that would indicate that the traffic is coming in from the same sources. The domains themselves are very different in subject matter as well.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you forwarded the traffic did you do just a URL forward or what?

Remember, Sedo catches all traffic. For example: abc.com/hi-face/stiz.html

If you are throwing up a straight forward you may not be getting all of that traffic. If someone goes to an expired link there is a possibility you are not capturing those visitors whereas Sedo will.

Just FYI. ;)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the Sedo and Domain Sponsor forwarding, I changed the name servers.

When I forwarded the domains to my tracking page, I did so through GoDaddy's total dns control + url forwarding [both www.domain.com and domain.com worked fine].

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo did use to track bot visitors, don't know if they still do.

that's one reason I never bought a domain listed on sedo based on traffic that they show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom