Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Selling domains through direct contact

mattm4000

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone had any success in buying local domain names and offering them for sale directly to businesses? For example putting a town or city name along with a profession, just to make something up Cleveland Dental or Sacramento Plumbing, etc. something like that, and if so, how are you contacting these perspective buyers, is there anyplace online I could find an email template that I could use? I'm curious if anyone has success stories selling domains this way, as I feel like a lot of business owners would just treat these email as spam or afraid it was some sort of a scam.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

it depends on how much volume the local business has, and whether or not they already have a website.

as logically, someone who doesn't have an online presence yet, may be more interested, than someone who does.

and in between all that, there are variables on either side, which may present an opportunity

all of which are dependent, on the actual domain name and asking price.

imo...

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A heap of people were doing this at one point in time. The previous owner of DNForum.com was advocating this tactics to his followers and many tried it out.

As Biggie said it comes down to volume. Is it a big commercial niche, is it a big geographical area, are you end users money strong? When that is said it resulted in a number of 3 figure sales to the best of my knowledge. Not the most lucrative niche.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom