• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

...So what CMS do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
Finding the right CMS can be a long and hard task, especially for bigger-sized websites. Let's get the sharing started on what CMS is your favorite/which one(s) you have had the most experience with. (Vb integration is also welcome).
 
I've used a number of CMS's over the years.

The 2 most prevalent:

Expression Engine is pretty damn powerful but can be cumbersome when it comes to customizing it. Has plenty of addons and fairly good support [http://www.pmachine.com]

Joomla which I just got turned onto over Expression Engine is a powerful and popular CMS that's super easy to customize and maintain. Has plenty of addons too..

Im now torn as to which one I would use if I had a gun to my head though.

As far as boards, Invision Power Board is one of my my favorites. Doesn't intergrate into either CMS though.

HTH
 
Joomla is excellent. I agree with you there. I never used pmachine, but it also looks pretty good.

Invision boards I compare to VB, except in my opinion VB has more extensions and more mods (and flexibility). But Iboards are also excellent.
 
I have used Drupal and it has many pluses, though I don't find it to be the best documented or most user friendly when it comes to upgrades.
 
used mambo extensively, now on joomla and drupal too..But if you own a box and love to enjoy freedom, try plone. Its my favorite now a days.

:-)
 
Drupal definitly gets the job done, but you are 100% correct.. User friendly and Drupal are complete opposites.

I was just gonna mention mambo (you beat me to it giant^).

Never tried plone, but thinking about it..
 
I never found a CMS that did the trick for me. I generally use a custom CMS whenever I set up a new site. :-)
 
I never found a CMS that did the trick for me. I generally use a custom CMS whenever I set up a new site.

I can completely understand that, and I think the best CMS options are almost always custom, or none. (manual publishing).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom