• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Sold on Forum... Opinion needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

Guest
On Wednesday, someone offered me a significant amount of money for a name that I had posted (under my BIN). I told him it was sold to him if nobody bid higher by 9pm on Thursday. When that time came, nobody bid higher, so I told him the name was sold to him. At around 9:30 someone else offered PM'd me a much higher offer for the name, and I told him it was sold to someone else, but if the buyer didn't get back to me by 9pm on Sunday to start the Escrow process, I would re-open the sale. I PM'd the buyer and told him that he needed to respond by 9pm on Sunday or I would re-open the sale. Needless to say, it is 3 days later, and I have not heard back from the buyer. According to the PM tracker, he has not read the messages but has been online since I sent it. With VBulletin, the message is also emailed to him, so if he opened his email, he could see my messages. Do I have the right to re-open the sale if he doesn't email me by 9pm as stated, or do I need to wait longer? I PM'd the buyer again today to remind him about the 9pm deadline but haven't heard back. What do you guys think I should do legally/ethically....etc?
 
Well, if you're sure the auction buyer has been online and just ignored your PMs why do trade with him yet he seems not to be in any urgency. If no explanation/reason has come so far, I don't see anything to stop you from going head with the new buyer and transaction IMHO! But to avoid unnecessary confrontation and negative itrader rating later on, you may give him one more chance!
just my 2 cents
 
No... I accepted his offer on the condition that nobody used the BIN by 9pm the next day - which nobody did. I PM'd him and said to send me his email so I can start Escrow. I followed-up and said please send me your information by Sunday at 9pm so I can start the Escrow process (and I let him know that someone actually made me a higher offer but I declined that because I accepted his offer first). This was on Thursday. It is now 3 days later and he has not followed up or PM'd me at all. I am asking how long I am obligated to wait before considering other offers. I am concerned that he had second thoughts (because it was a high $x,xxx offer and he has only 1 iTrader rating), and I don't want to lose the second offer. I would like to sell to the first guy because that is the honest thing to do, but I want to know how many days you would wait to hear back from him before re-opening the sale. The guy has been on DNF since the PMs were sent.
 
I think it's totally ethical for you to move on after a reasonable amount of time. 3 days is plenty. 24 hours is plenty. As a seller you just can't take the chance that you will lose both opportunities.
 
I appreciate your opinions. What happens if the other guys comes back to me tomorrow and says he wants the name?
 
I appreciate your opinions. What happens if the other guys comes back to me tomorrow and says he wants the name?


His fault then... Its been 3 days, you've sent messages. It's up to him to check them.. Not your fault if he bids on a name and don't check the status of it.

Move on :typing:


Good Luck
 
If he really wanted it, he should/would have told you that he wouldn't be responding to PM's for the few days after your sale ended. He should have set your expectations properly.
 
Its his obligation to stay current with the transaction he got himself into. If he is unwilling to talk, or is unavailable to talk to, you have every right to give him that deadline; and move on if he passes it. Why should you have to suffer because he isnt responding? Wait till the deadline has passed, and then move on.
 
Actually, I found his email and sent him an email. Just received a PM back: "my sincerest of apologies about the delays, unfortunately my offer can no longer be valid. best of luck with your sale"

Hope the second guy doesn't fall through
 
Hope it all works out for you. Really is a shame how someone offers you money for your name/site and then disappears for 3 days and then tells you he can't go through with it. You need to give him a negitive trader rating. That just isn't right, what he did to you here. Thats not good bussiness. I hope you are still able to sell it to the other interested party.
 
Actually, I found his email and sent him an email. Just received a PM back: "my sincerest of apologies about the delays, unfortunately my offer can no longer be valid. best of luck with your sale"

Bad behaviour!

Hope the second guy doesn't fall through

Good Luck!
 
I think it's totally ethical for you to move on after a reasonable amount of time. 3 days is plenty. 24 hours is plenty. As a seller you just can't take the chance that you will lose both opportunities.


I completely agree, take the second offer.
 
Second offer has been accepted, and Escrow started. I suppose it was a good omen that the guy backed out!
 
DNF needs a non-paying bidder feedback. Something where the person can't return with a negative on your account. imho non-paying bidders are the worst kinds of people.
 
The first domain I had an offer on was at Afternic, (I must of been intoxicated for listing there in the first place) the buyer never came through and I had other offers for it, but Afternic forbids the seller from selling the domain before 30 days, I went against them and sold it PP, via escrow.com, and I would do it again.....3 days is all you should give.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom